Widget section -The "custom_html" block was affected by errors

Hi, I entered the section widfet to change my footer and I got this message twice. Please let me know what I can do about it.

It says to check the developer.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

You need to check which elements are causing these.

You can test that by temporarily removing content from the custom_html blocks and refreshing that page.

When you find which ones are the root cause, you will have to rebuild their contents probably.

Best regards

• Thank you for the advice, I have done it, but got the same problem or ven worse-

. I leave you here the screenshots: it happears a message saying error even if inside te blocks there is absolutely nothing.

Any other idea to solve this problem?

• Since WP changed the Widgets area, the construction of some widgets changed and displays this error message.

Please, use the Classic Widgets plugin, and check if the problem persists.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/

Thanks

• Thank you, this solved the problem.

Do you know if on a log-term, I would need to instal the updated version and go back to the new version or never?

Thanks

• WordPress makes this plugin, and as they claim in the description, "It will be supported and maintained to 2024, or as long as is necessary."

I think that it is helpful for websites that were using an old version of Widgets and that broke after this change. Still, on a new website, it is not necessary to install it unless you prefer the previous look and functionality of the Widgets area.

Best regards

• thank you so much!