Header / Footer Missing from Editor

edited December 2022 in WooCommerce

Good Afternoon,

Something seems to have occurred with my Header / Footer Templates,

On the website they appear generally correct (see , www.chiangly.com)

but upon trying to edit either the header or the footer , i get greeted with a 404 error , and i am unable to edit anything , not even adding elements is available (see image)

Seeing as the Header / Footer is properly applied on the webpage however, it would seem the builder is just searching for the file in the wrong "place", when its time to edit , is there a way to redirect it to the correct one ? or even find what the id of the correct one is in the first place ?

Thank you and Best Regards.

EDIT: to mention , the website was recently moved from the Subdomain, to the primary domain of the website, i don't know if that would affect in in any manner, but i thought it might be proper to advise, also , a child theme was created based on the one provided by your download page.

EDIT2: My other template (page template) is suffering from the same issue, the Product page template for woocommerce however, is working properly.

Comments

• Hi,

Please go to Settings -> Permalinks, and if you have the Permalink structure set to Plain, change it to any other.

If it is set to a structure other than Plain, resave this setting, and check the template edit then.

Thanks

• That solved it! it was not set to plain , but it worked nonetheless ,

Thank you Phil!

• Thanks!

Had the same issue, didn't change any setting at permalinks, just resaved the permalinks settings and that did the trick.

But a strange error though; something for you guys to look at.