updating from version 14

After updating to latest version everythingwent into mess most theme options reset and plugins are not installed correctly please help as company website is down right now!

best,

Comments

• edited December 2022
  • Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please ensure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

Do you have a backup of your website in case?

Thanks

• edited December 2022

Hello,

this is public chat i did't want to share a login details as i have switched on CMP plugin unitl i figure way to solve the issue,

regarding backups, i have a year old updraft backup.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• fcogroup.com

its under maintenance right now you need to log in to see main page!

• Sorry, but we didn't get any message from you yet.

Please check your mail inbox for our response. Look also inside the spam folder.

If you don't have any message from us, please send your login credentials again.

Ensure you send all the required information mentioned in the previous message.

• link to this forum discussion
    • link to your website
    • login credentials

Thanks

• I have checked your website, and the only option to restore your previous settings is to set them again or use a backup of the website.

If you have an old version of the backup, contact your hosting provider and ask them for it. Usually, hosting stores some backups of the websites.

Best regards

• 😁 thank you for the support please updaete documentation because i followed steps and this happened!

• It is hard to predict such situations, unfortunately. In most cases, it should work flawlessly, but sometimes some plugin/s or server configuration might break it.

It is always good to create regular backups, especially before updates from old versions. For that, I suggest using the Duplicator plugin as we used it many times (and still use it), and we never had problems with it.

Best regards

• Okay dear even if i restore old website, how i can update to latest veriosn without losing theme data again?

• Hello dear,

i have restored website to betheme 14 and updated wordpress + PHP

now can you help with updating betheme without losing website theme configuration.

thank you in advance,

• Did you prepare the backup of your website for safety? If not, please, do that.

Also, please, go to Theme options -> Backup & Reset in the Export field, click on the Download button, and save the file on your PC. This file stores data about settings in your Theme options.

After that, update your Betheme as described in the documentation. If the same happens as previously, open the file, you downloaded, copy its content, and paste it into Theme options -> Backup & Reset: Import -> Import from file.

When you proceed with these actions, please, let me know about the result.

Best regards

• worked, thank you :)