Thumbnails are pixelated

Hi, I have several image galleries on a new website I am building but when using the thumbnail view my images are pixelated and look low res address is staging.nortytoocharter.com

Images are on both boat pages and the gallery page, won't let me post links here.

Comments

• Hi,

Please, change the default WordPress gallery images' size. Go to settings -> media.

Notice!

Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

Thanks

• edited January 2023

Hi, thank for this, this has solved the resolution problem but I used the thumbnails option because I want the image thumbnails on the page to view as squares so that they are all the same height and width and now they are not squares anymore, can this be changed?

• Did you check the option "Crop thumbnail to exact dimensions (normally thumbnails are proportional)"?

If not, please, check it, and regenerate images again.

Can you also tell me what sizes you have chosen, please?

Thanks

• Ah, that will be why! Thanks. I have made them 300x 300 pixels. Also what is the best way to add videos for fast loading, I have the main on the homepage via YouTube in Slider Revolution, but have added others to pages as MP4 files. Some people I have testing the site are saying they are slow to load....

• It depends on the video size and how fast your server is.

I suggest you compress your videos so they weigh less and check if the loading time improves.

Best regards