BeTheme Child Theme does not recognize the parent Theme

Hey guys, I have been wrestling with this issue for several days now, and I wanted to see if perhaps you can help me figure this out.

I have the Parent theme installed on the server and WP recognizes it to the point that it can be activaed, however, whenever I try installing the BeTheme Child Theme, it gives this error:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: betheme-child.zip

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

This theme requires a parent theme. Checking if it is installed…

The parent theme could not be found. You will need to install the parent theme, betheme, before you can use this child theme.

Theme installed successfully.

Does this mean that the parent theme was installed with errors?  Or that perhaps the child theme is installed with errors? 

I have deleted and reinstalled the child theme several times so far, with the same error.  What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• I have a feeling that it is because the child theme is looking for "betheme" and not "Betheme" a it is installed in WP.
  • Ok I fixed it!  It turns out the child theme was written to reference the betheme directory in the styles.css file.  It should really have been referencing betheme/betheme directory.  I just updated that little error in the child theme, and it fixed the issue.  

Aside, your search function in your forum does not work well.  Every time I searched for child theme, child+theme, "child theme", and "child+theme" in that search bar, I get mostly irrelevant results.  That means that I may have actually duplicated a forum post or two (or three or four) because I could not find a forum post that would have helped me.

Thanks for the awesome theme guys.  You guys do incredible work.
  • Hi,

we're glad to hear that you fixed it already. About the forum, you're right but now it is impossible to move all these topics and questions on other platform. But there is other way to look for a topics on forum. Because Google is indexing forum very well, you can use below query in Google:

your keyword site:forum.muffingroup.com/betheme