background colors vanishing and won't come back, hard to duplicate pages

edited March 2023 in BeBuilder

1) Last night I applied a background color and 25px border-radius to multiple, separate wraps. It worked fine, as it did on another site I just finished building, which allowed me to set the text color on the Column Text within to white in some cases, and all was good. This morning I wake up and look at the page, and the background colors are all gone. I check the wraps. Background color are still applied, border-radius still applied, but it's not showing up for some reason.

I have no caching enabled. It makes no sense. I tried switching from PHP 8.1 to 7.4 no help. I cannot understand this and I am TEARING MY HAIR OUT trying to understand why that background would just vanish like that, particularly without me modifying it, and with the setting still applied directly to the wrap in the editor! It makes no sense. I need this to make sense. I have around 20 BeTheme licenses but I need this explained if I'm to continue using this theme. It's driving me insane. At the very least you guys to come in and fix it and tell me how you did it - I need the color to actually appear as it's supposed to.

Please note I am using "BeBuilder Blocks" mode because I like it. I haven't tried the other mode but I find that new Elementor-style editor to be painful.

2) What is the best way to duplicate a page with this theme? I never had a problem in the past, but now, using various plugins which clone or duplicate pages seems to fail. Even using the BeTheme import/export mechanism, copying that blob of export code into the import of a new page, doesn't actually copy the various page settings, such as "hide subheader" which means I have to put both page editors up side-by-side and figure out exactly what is missing.

Comments

• Follow up: I cannot even get background colors applied to Sections either. I applied #333 as the background color to both a section and a wrap, containing a Column Text item, but the doesn't show up. This is on a completely new page - just create new page, add section, add wrap, set bg color on both, add column text, type some text, and publish, nothing else. Something is very wrong here.

• Ah, I think I found the solution here:

Settings / General / urls were set to "http" while the site was loading with HTTPS, I think because Chrome was forcing that, because I have no plugin that was doing so. Thus, I think the styles were still being loaded via HTTP and being blocked by Chrome due to protocol mismatch / security violation.

• Hello,

So everything is fine now?

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Best regards

• I suggest adding a detection mechanism and warning when this situation occurs. I've developed thousands of websites but I could not easily determine what was going on here. I saw no errors in the JS console, I might have checked the Network panel in Chrome soon to determine if something wasn't loading, but it didn't really occur to me to do that since MOST things were working fine - only SOME styling things fail to load under these conditions. SOME extremely specific styling things, like the Advanced background color, yet SOOO much other styling is applied correctly despite this problem - so detecting and warning would be highly advisable. My finding the solution elsewhere was a stroke of luck.

I'm also having this problem on a licensed BeTheme install, perhaps you can help:

Updating Theme Betheme (1/1)

Downloading update from https://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?code=[redacted]...

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Theme update failed.

An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

• 1) I have passed this to the dev team, and we will take a look to see if it is possible to add such notice, and if yes, we will add it.

2) This message could mean your license key is used on multiple domains. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard).

After that, get into the license manager once more. If the license key is still claimed - deregister it. If it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard) and try to update your theme a couple of times (usually, it passes after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

Thanks

• I'll try that - after hours - I do see it there registered to the dev URL used prior to live launch.

I have to put the license in while in dev mode to import the pre-made websites. Which is always done on a dev URL. Which means every time I build a site, I'm going to run into this issue.

Really this should be autodetected and handled when the WP_SITEURL and WP_HOME changes in the wp-config, which would be very easy to detect. It would just auto-deregister and auto-reregister when it detects that the WP_SITEURL and WP_HOME have changed, cleanly and quietly. Alternatively, some kind of toggle switch in theme options that says "I'm in dev mode" where it expects that the WP_SITEURL and WP_HOME will later change.

• All of the themes on the Envato market are under the same license. Details: https://themeforest.net/licenses/standard

You can use one license per end product to use any pre-built website you desire or mix them, but you cannot use the theme license on two domains.

The only exceptions are for subdomains or subfolders. You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.

This also applies to subfolders on localhost installations.

Moreover, you will not have this problem if your URL for the dev website follows the appropriate pattern. See the following link:

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-betheme-staging-site/

Thanks

• Yeah I found that recently thanks, I'm gonna start using the dev.* subdomain. My usual dev URLs didn't match any of those patterns, as I always used clientname.dev.mycompanyname.com

Would be nice if you could expand that to * . dev . * but maybe I ask too much.

• Please, drop your suggestion as a comment on this topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

We will take it into account.

Best regards