Author Page not working

Hello, I've completed migrating our page to it's final URL, but an issue has cropped up. On a blog post when i click on the author name, in this case "Objective UA" is the only author name being used, it takes us to the home page, rather than the blog page filtering by author.

I have no idea why it's doing this as it was working before...

Thanks,

Alasdair

Comments

• Hello,

Please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

Thanks

• OK turning off the plugins and clearing the cache worked, but then i turn the plugins back on and the problem comes back. I don't know how to use a child or parent theme I'm afraid...

• OK i was able to work out it was a setting in Yoast which disables author archives.

• The problem is I have a 1 author blog, so I would like the author archive to redirect to the blog home page, not the home page of the entire site - if you know how to do this that would be great.

• What you ask for requires file customization, which in reference to Item Support Policy, is not allowed. http://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy

So if you want to modify files and don't know how to contact your web developer. Item Policy says:

Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customization services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio.

Thanks

• ok thanks. I just created a custom link and author tag in a text column, and used code to remove the default author tag.