Updating error "bad zip format"

edited April 2023 in Theme support

I was trying to update BeTheme just now, because it said:

Betheme

You have version 26.7.4 installed. Update to 26.7.5.

When I tried updating, this error showed:

Downloading update from

Unpacking the update…

An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I thought you'd like to know.

David

Comments

• Hi,

Please see the following link:

https://support.muffingroup.com/faq/pclzip_err_bad_format-10-error/

There you will find out how to handle this.

Best regards

• edited March 2023

Thanks for the information.

• cURL library is not available. It has to be installed and enabled on your server (It's installed and enabled)
    • You are trying to upload other than .zip file type. Other format is not supported while uploading the theme or plugin in WordPress (it's a zip from YOU)
    • The .zip file is broken or incomplete (It's a zip from YOU)
    • There is not enough disc space on your host for WordPress to be able to unzip and upload the contents of the file (we have lots of room)
    • An error might be thrown by a 3rd plugin or script on your site (we were able to install your theme in the first placce. Also, installed many others, and update THEM regularly)

• 2,3) From ThemeForest, you can download two .zip files:

• all files and documentation
    • installable WordPress file only

People often try to install a theme with the first package, with which installation will fail unless you unzip a betheme zip file from there. Please ensure that you are uploading unzipped betheme installation file, or you use an installable WordPress file only. Also, meanwhile downloading the package, there could encounter an error, so you should download it, and try again.

5) Did you try disabling your plugins for installation time anyway? If not, please do that.

Moreover, in the last paragraph, you can read:

If none of above is the reason, you should contact with your host as the problem is definitely on server side.

So if you are sure that points from the article do not refer to your situation, you should contact your hosting provider.

Best regards

• Hi,

We are the "host". It's on our own wordpress server. I have complete access via WHM.

I was using the "update theme" link in wordpress. Not downloading and then uploading a file.

Although it's odd to have to deactivate plugins for just a theme update, I did. Still didn't work and got:

An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I am the "host".

php.ini

Max_input_time: 60

memory_limit: 1024M

post_max_size: 512M

Upload_max_filesize: 512M

Any other ideas?

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you are sending is complete and correct.

Thanks