How and where to update/hide/Add the Woocermerce Product list filter?

edited April 2023 in WooCommerce

How and where to update/hide/Add the Woocermerce Product list dropdown filter?

e.g. if I wish to hide Sory by Popularity or add another - Sort by dress name A-Z / Z-A ?

Also, when the wider option label is selected (e.g. when Price low -high), it gets cropped by dropdown arrow.

https://whiteatelierbridal.com/shop/

I can only use CSS to hide the first two dropdown options. But I don't think this is the correct way to manage the filter on the product listing page.

.mfn-woo-filters-wrapper form.woocommerce-ordering option[value="popularity"]{display:none}

.mfn-woo-filters-wrapper form.woocommerce-ordering option[value="date"]{display:none}

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

You can find settings for it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Shop -> Product list.

Best regards

• Thanks,

Q1, I wish to add another filter like - Sort by name A-Z / Z-A 

Q2, if you select Sort by price: low to high, the text option text gets cropped and does not fully display the text as showed on the screenshot.

Q3, When I turned on Active filters, I didn't see anything showing on the product listing page.

Please help.

• 1) There is only sorting available from WooCommerce.

If you want to extend that, you must use an external plugin or modify the files.

2) Please use the following CSS code:

.mfn-woo-filters-wrapper form.woocommerce-ordering select{
       width: 220px!important;
    }

Put it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS.

3) Active filters are attributes you choose in the sidebar. See the following screenshot for clarification.

Thanks