Multisite - Upload Path / Demo Import

Hello! On a multisite installation the upload path is usually wp-content/sites/[id]/ but when i import the demo content on a subblog the paths doesnt match. Any solution on this then manually update the DB?

Comments

• Hi,

looks like you are talking about multisite. Our theme is compatible with multisite and works fine because we tested it many times. So maybe you mean paths inside Muffin Builder tool? Because these can be changed with Mfn CB Migrate Tool.
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks for the fast response, but thats not the issue. The root url is set properly but the upload path for imported demos is "wp-content/uploads/[year]/[month]" and it should be "wp-content/sites/[id]/uploads/[year]/[month]" "wp-content/uploads/sites/[id]/[year]/[month]".
  • We know how multisite works and this is how exactly it works with our theme. If this does not work the same way, then we are talking about something else probably. When you say "imported demos" do you mean images that comes with demo or what? Can you make any screenshot of how this looks like? Because we are not sure if we talk about the same.
  • I noticed the same thing when testing this.  When importing demo content into a subsite of a multisite network the image paths are not correct.  For instance in the theme options, the image paths for the logos are set to:

[url]/demos/callcenter/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/[imagefile]

and should be:

[url]/demos/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2015/05/[imagefile]

I noticed that because of this none of the interior pages header files load and the hover effects for menus also do not work.

I tried the plugin you mentioned and attempted to change the path to the files and it said it was All Done but nothing actually changed.
  • Thanks klevur, thats the exact problem.
  • edited July 2015
    If anyone got the same problem, heres a small workaround:

FIND

SELECT * FROM wp_[id]_options WHERE option_value LIKE "%wp-content/uploads%";
    SELECT * FROM wp_[id]_posts WHERE guid LIKE "%wp-content/uploads%";
    SELECT * FROM wp_[id]_posts WHERE post_content LIKE "%wp-content/uploads%";
    SELECT * FROM wp_[id]_postmeta WHERE meta_value LIKE "%wp-content/uploads%";

REPLACE

UPDATE wp_[id]_options SET option_value = replace(option_value, 'wp-content/uploads', 'wp-content/sites/[id]/uploads') WHERE option_value LIKE '%wp-content/uploads%';

UPDATE wp_[id]_posts SET guid = replace(option_value, 'wp-content/uploads', 'wp-content/sites/[id]/uploads') WHERE guid LIKE '%wp-content/uploads%';

UPDATE wp_[id]_posts SET post_content = replace(option_value, 'wp-content/uploads', 'wp-content/sites/[id]/uploads') WHERE post_content LIKE '%wp-content/uploads%';

UPDATE wp_[id]_postmeta SET meta_value = replace(option_value, 'wp-content/uploads', 'wp-content/sites/[id]/uploads') WHERE meta_value LIKE '%wp-content/uploads%';
  • If you both got the same problem, you can send us access to your dashboard and FTP and we'll show you where is the problem because those paths are configured properly. This was fixed few months ago, many users tested it and all was good so there is definitely something on your side. If you will send access, we'll show you what is wrong.
  • Sorry but im unable to provide you with login credentials because the server isnt accessible over WAN. But if you have a hint whats the problem with our default WPMU installation, i would be really thankful. Have a nice day!
  • Sorry but we do not have any hints because on our side it works properly. That's why we need access to check where the problem exactly is. And for sure it's something on your side.
  • I would be glad to provide you access to my install to see what I am doing wrong if that would help and I can update this thread?
  • @klevur No problem, but our programmer will be able to have a look on it after the weekend.
  • Is it possible that you post your developers conclusion in this thread, if you find a solution? Thanks!
  • @indredaustria We did not get any access yet, so we can't post any solution.
  • edited July 2015
    Id like to know what the problem was with klevurs install. If you or klevur would be so kind to share your conclusion, would be awesome.
  • @inredaustria If we'll get access, we'll check it.
  • Just sent access via PM.  Thanks.
  • Hey guys, any news on that problem? Thanks!
  • @inredaustria This was sorted with recent update.
  • Excellent. I'll give it a try now. And kudos to @klevur for providing an installation.
  • edited July 2015
    Uncaught TypeError: $(...).niceScroll is not a function
    http://localhost/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/home_dentist_sep.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
    http://localhost/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/home_dentist_calltoaction.jpg Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
    scripts.js:1135 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).isotope is not a function
  • The JS error came from a wpmu-dev plugin called membership 2. The file path seems to be the last hardcoded in the theme settings. But thats no big deal anymore. Thanks for the update!
  • I just noticed something else and not sure if it is isolated.  When using the multisite for demo installs things seem to be working for most elements.  However, when I added the Book demo content the background image on the homepage and bio page defaulted to the non-multisite path.  I had to manually change.

Thought you might want to know.
  • @klevur Some background images may be set under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section and that's why this may happen.