Disabling specific functions for site

There are certain functions that I do not need on my website and I would like to disable the function or post type creation to minimze the options for my client but I cannot seem to locate the proper code to do so in the functions files.

Can you walk me through how to disable a function such as portfolio?

Also I would like to know how to rename "Portfolio" to "Courses" so that all of the same settings apply to courses as would portfolio but the slugs will read properly? 

Thanks in advance for any support.

Comments

• Hi,

you can disable some options under Theme options > Global > Advanced section. But unfortunately Portfolio can not be changed to other label because this needs changes in files.
  • @orumarketing To rename "Portfolio" to "Courses" try this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cpt-editor/
  • Thanks that helped me out a lot.

@craighobson - I used the plugin to change it to Courses and it works beautifully but now all the items show /portfolio-item/[coursename] for the URL. 

Any ideas on how or where I need to change the slug prefix to read "courses/[coursename]"
  • edited July 2015
    @orumarketing You bet! To change the slug prefix go to Appearance > Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio

…and scroll all the way to the bottom for Permalink options that are specific to the Portfolio content type. If you’re using it for Courses instead you can set the slug prefix there.

I hope that helps!