after update to v27 'edit with bebuilder' causes wordpress to break

The error details I get in the fatal error email are as follows:

Error Details

=============

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 729 of the file /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/classes/visual-builder-class.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function sc_shop_products() in /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/classes/visual-builder-class.php:729

Stack trace:

#0 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/classes/visual-builder-class.php(465): MfnVisualBuilder->getEmptyItems()

#1 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/admin/class-mfn-helper.php(405): MfnVisualBuilder->fieldsToJS()

#2 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/classes/visual-builder-class.php(197): Mfn_Helper::generate_bebuilder_items()

#3 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): MfnVisualBuilder->mfn_append_vb_styles()

#4 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()

#5 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()

#6 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/visual-builder-header.php(72): do_action()

#7 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/classes/visual-builder-class.php(1056): require_once('/home/whitecl2/...')

#8 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/visual-builder/visual-builder.php(88): MfnVisualBuilder->mfn_load_sidebar()

#9 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): mfnvb_init_vb()

#10 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()

#11 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()

#12 /home/whitecl2/public_html/wp-admin/post.php(363): do_action()

#13 {main}

thrown

(makes no difference if I try to edit the page from the back end or front)

Any help would be appreciated - thanks

Cheers Chris

Comments

• edited May 2023

Hello,

Please, turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

If this will not help, please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you are sending is complete and correct.

Thanks

• It was the child theme causing the problem - interestingly I hadn't made any changes to the child theme at all. Perhaps this is something that needs to be notified with the update to v27...

Thank you

• I have checked that, and the clean child theme package does not cause any problems in my environment.

You can try downloading a new package, uploading it, and checking if the same thing happens.

Best regards