Suggestions for music wbezine on Be

Hi guys

Thanks for the great theme. I'm using it on site at the moment and it works like a charm.

I'm planing to use Be for another site I'll be working on in the coming weeks and therefore I'd like to ask you for a advice.

I'll be creating a music website which will consist of stuff like News etc, but most importantly of music reviews. I'd like to hear you what you think would be to manage a huge number of different reviews on a Be Theme.

What I need to create is:

1 - Create 3 different groups of reviews (Album, Live ...etc). These will look different and need to be displayed as different categories. What would be the easiest way to do that? Perhaps using Blog function within Be? Or do you have other ideas?

2 - Once these different categories are created is it possible to save them as templates in order for contributors to easily upload reviews themselves? If yes, do you happen t have a guide which explains creation of these master templates?

Once again thanks for the great theme and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Comments

• Hi,

1. We think that your suggestion will be the best in this case because we do not have anything similar.

2. This one is unfortunately not possible.

Thanks!
  • Ok thanks for the quick response.

But it is possible to create several Blog pages (for each of the categories) and chose which blog categories should be displayed on which Blog page?

• Blog page can be only one but you can display posts from different categories of course.
  • So basicay I can have one blog page and then create several other pages where I can display specific blog categories by using shortcode? In a sense that would we like heaving several blog pages.
  • You can use blog items but also you can display categories under Theme options > Menus section. There is an option to add post categories into menu.
  • Great. Thank you so much. I'm 95% finished with the website. I really like the theme.

I have few more minor questions. I hope you can help me with those.

1 - I have chosen "Stack Center" for my header, meaning that I have logo above the menu. How can i center the menu? As far as I can see I only have possibility to align it to the left and to the right.

2 - I have chose different fonts, their colors and sizes, but I can't see where I can choose wight for headers, titles, menus. Meaning if they should be thin, italic, bold, black...etc. Where can I do that.

3 - Where can I control font for submenus?

4 - I have chosen boxed layout and I can't seem to choose the background color. The color is the same as content background on the page. I'd need one color for content background and another for background (outside of the website. Sure I could upload a colored tile image but the problem is that I need a colored background and then I'd upload a background image and use it with "Center top repeat". How can I choose the background color which is different from content background?
    I believe you've done just that here:

Once again thanks for the great theme, this is the second site I'm using it for and I'm already planing to use it for my next project.

Cheers

• 1. http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/170/any-suggestion-how-to-center-menu-using-stack-center

2. You can do this under Theme options > Fonts > Family section.

3. You can do this with custom css only.

4. You can set background color for boxed version under Theme options > Colors > General section. But background image like on demo above, you can set under Theme options > Global > General section.
  • Hi again

1 - I'll try to do this, but those this mean I'll have to repeat the same procedure every time I update the theme?

2 - Yea I've seen that, but I can't figure out how to assign the speciffic front weight to a speciffic headers, menus etc. I couldn't fin the answer in the documentation either.

3 . Ok thanks.

4 - I'm aware of that,, but the problem is when I change color in General it changes the color for both content and background. I'd need those two to have different colors and yea, then I'd upload the image which would be tiled horizontally. 
    In your example content has a white background, background is blue and then you have an image uploaded to the background.

Thanks
  • 1. No, you don't need to because the settings are stored in database, not files.

2. To assign them per specific headers, you must use custom css.

4. In this case, instead of options you can use custom css. If you will send us url, we'll show you how to change their colors with css or you can also look at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#theme-customizations where we explained how this works.
  • Thanks for the quick response

2 - Ok cool, these won't be overwritten once I update the theme either?

4 - Site is not online yet so perhaps I should give you Username + Pass for it?

• 2 - If you will keep css under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section then all will be fine because from this section everything is kept in database.

4 - You can but you can also check the link we sent you to learn how to do this. It's very easy.
  • Hi again.

Thank you for taking your time to help me with this.

4 - Theme customizations is very helpfull and id will for sure help me with number of things. I do however have a problem with localizing the background colors objects in Chrome so yes, your help will be needed here. Basically what I need is to control colors of content and color of background separately. Perhaps you know already which custom css I should use for that? If not can you please tel me where I can send you U+P so that you can log on to the site and look it up. I can also give you the access to the site if you provide me with your IP.

Once again, thank you.

• NEVERMIND! I manged to figure it out myself.

Thank you very much
  • Great :) We're glad to hear that you managed this yourself.
  • This is simply a great theme. Thanks.

By the way none of the functions under Background Image Position would let me tile the background image horizontally. Basically I just need the backgrund image to be show on top of the webpage and it whole only repeat horizontal (Y), but I can't see that possibility.

I did try adding this but it didn't help

#Content {
        background-color: #000000;
        background-repeat: repeat-y;
    }
  • Please show us on screenshot what you want to do and send us the url to section where you tried to do this and we'll see if it is possible.
  • Hi

The site is not live yet so in order to see it you'd need to send me your IP og I can send you Username & Pass for the site.

This is what we're trying to do.

Basically the fire background should only repeat horizontally at the top. 

• We can't sent you our IP because we use dynamic IPs. And we'll be able to help you only if site will be online then.
  • Berhaps I can send you username and pass for the site and you can help me that way?

• Yes, you can sent us private message with those details.
  • I have done so now. Thank you