I need help with getting our installation validated in our staging area

I really need help. Some months ago, I was in contact with you folks because I was unable to update our installation of BeTheme at https://westerncoloradoalliance.org. The theme had been purchased originally (in 2018, I believe) by a previous employee of my organization, and the purchase code, etc., had been lost. So we purchased a new seat of the theme, but I was unable to get the new purchase code validated. At last, you were able to help me with that when I gave you administrative access to our account. However, now we are trying to make some design changes to our site, and in the process, upgrade the theme to the latest version. However, I am finding that I am still unable to update the theme in our staging area.

Please: I need some advice or my boss is adamant that we are going to go to a different theme. I like BeTheme, but the licensing problems we have run into have been nightmarish.

Comments

• Hi,

All your problems could be due to registering the license key on two different domains.

You can use one license per end product to use any pre-built website you desire or mix them, but you cannot use the theme license on two domains.

The only exceptions are for subdomains or subfolders. You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key if the main domain is registered under the same key.

This also applies to subfolders on localhost installations.

Moreover, some time ago, we added an option to register a license key on a staging domain if it follows the appropriate pattern. You can read more about it here:

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-betheme-staging-site/

So to summarize, if you want to use a staging domain, you need to use a subdomain, and the license have to be registered on the main domain first, or you use it on a staging domain that follows a correct pattern.

If you have already done that, deregister your license from the staging domain, and register it again.

Best regards