Update version 17.8 to version 27.1

edited August 2023 in Other

I have an issue, version 17.8 is to old for wordpress 6.3 - there are some issues in the /themes/betheme/includes path, there also was issues with revslider

I have bought license to make an update, but...

Using child theme doesn't fix the issues, and the full theme version is changing look of my website even when the settings looks the same. After update there is no sidebar with widgets while settings shows that sidebar is enabled, changing position of sidebar doesn't do a thing.

Is there a way to safely update theme via FTP ? because while i try to upload via wordpress theme installer i get the message that "chosen link is outdated"

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Regarding the outdated (which I assume is rather expired) please see the following link:

https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-fix-the-link-you-followed-has-expired-error/

About the installation methods, visit this link:

https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/installation-updates/#installation-methods

Thanks

• edited August 2023

Website which is supposed to be updated is mbp-plonsk.pl, but I am testing on the local lab enviroment before puting it on procucton causing a lot of mess

Here is Sceenshot of the production website

Here is the lab website with activated version 27.01 of theme

In both cases it is the home page, even tried to import theme settings to lab from prod - there were no errors but also no changes as well

Config in both cases is exactly the same, widgets are also imported from the prod website to lab, because after theme activation widgets were emptied somehow.

Also increased php.ini attributes as suggested, and update through wordpress installer is working now but result is exactly the same as update through FTP, as showed on screenshots above.

Don't know what was the point sending me to docs, because i already have been there in the first place - didn't find the answer what i was looking for connected to my problem - which is why I wrote directly to support

• Can you attach screenshots showing the incorrect display, please?

Also, what you can try to do is to enter Theme options, and without changing anything, click on the Save changes button. Then check if the problem persists.

Best regards

• here are screenshots, both website layout on the old theme i have marked with orange line what is visible, and on the new with red line what is missing in the new theme, while settings in both say it should be visible. Maybe it will be easier

Old Theme (prod. env. - v17.8)

New Theme (lab. env. - 27.1)

Here are settings for the old:

Here are settings for the new:

changing from the left to the right in the settings of the new theme doesn't do a thing (after saving)

• Please open the page options, and ensure that the correct sidebar is assigned there.

Best regards

• Could you tell me where is it placed in the old version (17.8) ? to verify if settings are the same

• I've tried to change the settings which u showed in version 27.1 from "default" to specific menu, nothing is changing after save.

• edited August 2023

I think i have found the issue, it seems that the update clears the settings for each page. In the theme sidebar name is left empty because in the old version it was selected to gain the layout settings defined on each page indvidually. I have entered into edit mode for home page, selected somewhere on the bottom the sidebar for this page and there is visible sidebar on the left.

So it appears that the update is clearing settings for every single page of all 165 pages. Is there a way to install update, without loosing the pages configuration?

• We would need access to your website to check that.

Can you create a copy of it with the Duplicator plugin and put it on a staging domain so we can check that?

Best regards

• where should i send you the access so you will be able to check that ?

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• ok, it is exact clone of current website - with theme version 17.8 - do i need to attach purchase key for version 27.1 as well or theme files to you ?

• As explained in the link about the staging domain, you do not have to purchase an additional key.

However, I received a message from you, so I guess that you handled it. Are we free to make modifications to this domain?

Best regards

• edited August 2023

yes, it is the lab enviroment which i was using for testing the update (as subdomain says 😉), just rolled back all changes i've made and put it available for "public" access

• We need you to register this domain.

Use the same key as you have on the main domain.

Thanks

• edited August 2023

It May be difficult, because i don't Have an access to this code, website wasn't done by me. My customer also doesn't Have this code, i can use the code which i recently bought to gain access for update and support if it is not the problem.

Is this code stored somewhere in files or database ?

Maybe i will be able to recover it from there.

• The license key can be obtained from Themeforest only.

You can use the license key you used to access the support.

Best regards

• ok, done. Theme registered.

• We have an idea to resolve that for you, but we will need FTP access.

Can you send it, please?

Do it as you did with the dashboard access, and remember to attach a link to this forum discussion.

Best regards

• for whole wordpress instance ? or just themes folder ?

• For the whole WP catalog.

Best regards

• Please check this testing staging domain.

If you confirm that everything is correct, you can move it to the main domain with the Duplicator plugin.

Best regards

• edited August 2023

it looks ok, only visually. still can't publish any new website made as clone from previous

• Server logs returns the with

CODE: 500

POST /wp-json/wp/v2/pages/5247?_locale=user HTTP/1.0

then:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/hook-vc-grid.php on line 162', referer: https://test.mbp-plonsk.pl/wp-admin/post.php?post=5247&action=edit

and then:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-row.php on line 115PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-row.php on line 115PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-row.php on line 115PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-row.php on line 115PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-section.php on line 80PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-section.php on line 80PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1186PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-row.php on line 115PHP message: PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /root_folder/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-row.php on line 115', referer: https://test.mbp-plonsk.pl/wp-admin/post.php?post=5247&action=edit

• When does it appear, and what actions did you perform?

Best regards

• It appears while trying to save / publish new page

• Does it happen on the testing site as well?

I have added a new page to it, and I did not encounter this problem.

Are there any extra steps to reproduce this?

Best regards

• on testing website as well.

I have made an duplicate of existing page (-ACADEMICA, to be exact) then modify its content and tried to save.

but while saving got this error

• Everything works correctly for me.

Please check if the same thing happens on another browser.

Best regards

• edited August 2023

ok, it is working. TY for help.