License after migration

Hi,

Our site is currently on dev2.mydomain.eu which I know is not exactly the accepted subdomain for a dev site. This is the main URL we use right now for the web and we will roll over to mydomain.eu once the site is completely finished. Should I deregister and register the site to dev2.mydomain.eu right now?

Also, when checking my license for some reason it is saying there is no license associated with the username. This is some issue in your system I suppose.

Comments

• Hi,

If it is a subdomain of the main one, you can have the license key registered there, but you need to first register the license on the main domain and then on the subdomain.

In fact, you can have unlimited subdomains with the same license as long as it is registered on the main domain.

If you already deregistered your license from the staging domain then the license manager tool will not show anything until you register it again.

Best regards

• Hi,

Well appreciated and got it working on dev2.mydomain. When we start migration, do I need to deregister on dev2 or can I just leave it as is and do the deregister + register operation in LIVE?

• When you start a migration, deregister it on the subdomain, register the license on the main one, and register again on the subdomain. Then, both domains will work under the same license.

Best regards