Footer and copyright not show after update

Hello,

After last update 27.2.7 the footer and the copyright widget do not show. url: gulliver.gr

But in my test site it works like before.

Test site url: test.gulliver.gr

pass: cM06j$NCBr

Please advise.

Thanks

Comments

• Note: The issue above happens only if viewed from a desktop/ laptop. From mobile phone looks OK.

Thanks

• Hi,

this has to be something with cache on your end as everything is fine on our end. I can see the footer normally. I attach the screenshot as proof.

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I usually use Chrome browser and 2 different persons / computers using chrome have the same issue above.

I checked with Firefox now and everything looks OK.

I cleared all Chrome history & cache and I also flushed DNS cache from my computer.

The issue remains with Chrome.

Could it be some issue with chrome (after last chrome update) or I should change something to my web page / BeTheme?

Thanks again.

• New Note: After what I mentioned above, I checked again with other 3 different desktops never searched for ''gulliver.gr'' using Chrome & Edge.

The issue remains. It seems it has something to do with Chrome engine I suppose as it works in Firefox.

Please advise.

Thanks.

• New Note 2: I checked other web sites I have built using Betheme and one of them shows the same problem when footer style is set to ''Sliding (Under Content)''.

url: test.athinarose.gr

pass: Q7x6tr&#fc

This is for reference only. My concern is always gulliver.gr

Thanks.

• The following screenshot comes from Chrome and i checked this on 6 different computers. On each, footer works fine.

• Hello again.

The last screenshot you sent me is the test.gulliver.gr NOT the gulliver.gr!!!!!

Please see my initial message. The test site was only for reference. It has only 4 footer widgets and you can see that copyright date is set to 2020.

gulliver.gr (live site) has 5 footer widgets and copyright date is set to 2023!!!

The issue is with gulliver.gr using footer style set to ''Sliding (Under Content)'' from Chrome, Edge and safari browsers.

Thanks.

• Got it, sorry. Just checked once again and the problem is between the overflow for body and fixed footer position. The only way to sort it out is to use the following custom css declaration:

.footer-sliding #Wrapper {
        overflow: hidden;
    }

• edited October 2023

OK, Thank you. It worked.

But except that, why there is no problem with test.gulliver.gr and other web sites I have built, as mentioned above ''New Note 2'', 17 October.

For example:

url: https://staging.logoschema.gr/ It works without any extra CSS

pass: %T&*XmRt8PO4jlzD (you must close ''X'' the central pop up message).

url: https://test.athinarose.gr Not working - No extra CSS

pass: Q7x6tr&#fc

Is it a Theme version's bug that will be fixed in a later version?

Thanks.

• From what I can see, on https://test.athinarose.gr your 3rd party plugin adds height: 100% and this breaks.

• Well as I see you referring to ''WP Notification Bars''. I deactivated it and the issue remained. In ''gulliver.gr'' and ''athinarose.gr'' the plugin was not even installed.

gulliver.gr is now fixed with the CSS you sent me and athinarose.gr footer style back to ''default'' now.

But as a last check, I deactivated ALL plugins in ''test.athinarose.gr'' and the issue remained.

It is not a big deal now as all my sites are working with the one or other way. but it is very odd. And also odd that it works OK with Firefox browser.

Anyway thank you again.

• I am very sorry but I can not agree with you. The plugin is still active but when we disable mentioned above style that comes from plugin, all works seamless. Especially for you, as proof, I have recorded to video so you can see that i am right.

• Hello again. Thanks for your reply.

I reproduced in Google Inspector your video and it works as you say (with the plugin activated).

I deactivated the plugin and the issue remails. I even cleared browser's cache. I know it is ODD. Now I have left it deactivated in case you wanna check.

Check the image I sent.

But as I said above, In ''gulliver.gr'' and ''athinarose.gr'' the plugin was not even installed!!!

Thanks.

• Hi,

You might have some caching tools enabled on your server. Please check that.

If you are unsure where to look or cannot find it, it would be best to contact your hosting provider and ask them about it.

Best regards

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Pls check image... No cache enabled for domain test.athinarose.gr. I also double checked with my host provider.

But once again...  In ''gulliver.gr'' and ''athinarose.gr'' the plugin was not even EVER installed!!! So what cache???

And as I said before, there is no big deal as all my sites are working with the one or other way. But it is just odd. 

Thanks again.

• Hi,

I just updated to the latest BeTheme 27.2.9.1 and everything works perfectly with or without the plugin installed!!!

I even took off the custom CSS you politely suggested for gulliver.gr and it works...

Thanks for your help.

Please close the ticket.

• Great to see that everything works correctly.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best regards