license domain

Good morning, we are developing the website, we have to work in a different subdomain or domain, is it possible to subsequently change the domain linked to the license and insert the correct domain?

Comments

• Hi,

All of the themes on the Envato market are under the same license. Details: https://themeforest.net/licenses/standard.

You can use one license per end product to use any pre-built website you desire or mix them, but you cannot use the theme license on two domains.

The only exceptions are for subdomains or subfolders. You can register unlimited subdomains with one license key as long as the main domain is registered under the same key.

This also applies to subfolders on localhost installations.

Also, you can use a license key on staging domains if they follow appropriate pattern. More information about staging domains can be found here: https://support.muffingroup.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-betheme-staging-site/.

Thanks

• Is it possible to change the domain linked to the license? example, I use the license for www.site1.com, I do all the work and transfer the backup to the original site www.site2.com, is it possible to change the license of the linked theme from site1 to site2, is it possible to do this?

• Yes, you can do that, but when you change the domain, you must deregister the license key from a previous domain, and remove theme files.

Best regards

• where should I delete the theme file?

• From the website on which you want to deregister the license key unless another license key will be in use there.

So, for example, if you have domain1 and want to move your license to domain2, you must deregister the license key and remove theme files from domain1, and you can use it then on domain2.

Using one license key for the creation of multiple websites is a license terms violation and can to license blockade or even account suspension.

Best regards