Theme not compatible with important Plugin: Borlabs Cookie because a JavaScript Problem of the Theme

Hello,

unfortunally the te

hme ist not compatible with the Cookie Plugin from Borlabs. When the page is opend the Cookie Bar pops up, but then theres an click event over the whole page and checkes a button in the bar. I checked all plugins and the theme and with all other themes i have worked, it works fine. Its definitly a problem with the javascript of the theme. Also the support of borlabs told me that the developer of the theme should fix the problem in their javascript. Please check!

https://www.ackerschewski-instrumentenbau.de

Best regards!

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry, but we did not test this plugin with the theme. Our policy states that we do not support third-party plugins or custom code, so we cannot help you.

Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page:

https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/bundled-plugins/#compatibility

Also, in our documentation, you can read the following:

Thanks

• I contact the Plugin Developer and they told me that it is an error of the theme and they can't do there something. Its not about any plugin, but your javascript code should work fine not with errors! Please help us in this case, i'm also a webdeveloper, but when i fix the error i cant use plugin updates! Its your case...

• I'm sorry, but as I already mentioned in my previous message, we do not offer technical support for external plugins.

However, if they tell you which part of our JS exactly causes this issue and why, we will be able to look closely at this problem.

Best regards

• We cant find the point in the script where the function makes problems. Now we have paid for the cookie script / bar and cant use it. We need to test an other plugin instead and pay also a lot of money for that. Thats not ok in my opinion. The webdesigner told us that the plugin works in all themes he ever had used, only in your theme its not working! I´m not sure if i can give you a good review for your theme, i think a lot of people in europe use this plugin for their websites and then they have the same problem! It would be nice when you can repair your script, than you will get a good review for sure, the rest of the theme ist good.

• I did not mean that you should find what is causing this, but the plugin author.

I mentioned that you contacted the plugin authors and that they claimed to you that the root cause is in our theme in JS. If you are able to contact them again and ask them to point out what exactly the culprit is, then we will be able to investigate this further.

Thanks

• good morning! is there any insight in this? what can i do i have the same problem?

`

### wp-core ###

version: 6.4.3

site_language: de_DE

user_language: de_DE

timezone: Europe/Vienna

permalink: /%category%/%postname%/

https_status: true

multisite: false

user_registration: 0

blog_public: 1

default_comment_status: undefined

environment_type: production

user_count: 10

dotorg_communication: true

### wp-paths-sizes ###

wordpress_path: /var/www/html

wordpress_size: 7,94 GB (8524676120 bytes)

uploads_path: /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads

uploads_size: 2,56 GB (2743580375 bytes)

themes_path: /var/www/html/wp-content/themes

themes_size: 34,82 MB (36510341 bytes)

plugins_path: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins

plugins_size: 218,32 MB (228929340 bytes)

database_size: 115,39 MB (120998548 bytes)

total_size: 10,85 GB (11654694724 bytes)

### wp-active-theme ###

name: Betheme Child (betheme-child)

version: 2.0

author: Muffin group

author_website: https://muffingroup.com

parent_theme: Betheme (betheme)

theme_features: core-block-patterns, automatic-feed-links, custom-logo, editor-styles, post-formats, post-thumbnails, title-tag, menus, widgets-block-editor, widgets

theme_path: /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child

auto_update: Deaktiviert

### wp-parent-theme ###

name: Betheme (betheme)

version: 27.3.7

author: Muffin group

author_website: https://muffingroup.com/

theme_path: /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/betheme

auto_update: Deaktiviert

### wp-themes-inactive (2) ###

Twenty Twenty-Four: version: 1.0, author: Das WordPress-Team, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Twenty Twenty-Three: version: 1.3, author: Das WordPress-Team, Automatische Aktualisierungen aktiviert

### wp-plugins-active (22) ###

Borlabs Cookie - Cookie Opt-in: version: 2.2.67, author: Borlabs GmbH, Automatische Aktualisierungen aktiviert

Classic Editor: version: 1.6.3, author: WordPress Contributors, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Enable Media Replace: version: 4.1.5, author: ShortPixel, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Imsanity: version: 2.8.3, author: Exactly WWW, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Login Designer: version: 1.6.3, author: LoginDesigner, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Show IDs: version: 1.1.10, author: DraftPress, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Show Page URL: version: 1.0.0, author: Smarter Websites, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Slider Revolution: version: 6.6.20, author: ThemePunch, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Slider Revolution Domain Switch Add-on: version: 1.0.1, author: ThemePunch, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Strip Image Metadata for JPG and WEBP: version: 1.3.0, author: Martin von Berg, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

TablePress: version: 2.2.5, author: Tobias Bäthge, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore: version: 1.24.1, author: UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson, Automatische Aktualisierungen aktiviert

WP 2FA - Two-factor authentication for WordPress: version: 2.6.3, author: Melapress, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

WP All Import: version: 3.7.3, author: Soflyy, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

WP Job Manager: version: 2.2.2, author: Automattic, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

WPML Multilingual CMS: version: 4.6.9, author: OnTheGoSystems, Automatische Aktualisierungen aktiviert

WPML SEO: version: 2.1.0, author: OnTheGoSystems, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

WPML String Translation: version: 3.2.9, author: OnTheGoSystems, Automatische Aktualisierungen aktiviert

Yoast Duplicate Post: version: 4.5, author: Enrico Battocchi & Team Yoast, Automatische Aktualisierungen aktiviert

Yoast SEO: version: 22.1, author: Team Yoast, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Yoast SEO Premium: version: 22.1, author: Team Yoast, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

Yoast Test Helper: version: 1.18, author: Team Yoast, Automatische Aktualisierungen deaktiviert

### wp-media ###

image_editor: WP_Image_Editor_Imagick

imagick_module_version: 1691

imagemagick_version: ImageMagick 6.9.11-60 Q16 x86_64 2021-01-25 https://imagemagick.org

imagick_version: 3.7.0

file_uploads: 1

post_max_size: 128M

upload_max_filesize: 128M

max_effective_size: 128 MB

max_file_uploads: 50

imagick_limits:

imagick::RESOURCETYPE_AREA: 122 MB

imagick::RESOURCETYPE_DISK: 1073741824

imagick::RESOURCETYPE_FILE: 786432

imagick::RESOURCETYPE_MAP: 512 MB

imagick::RESOURCETYPE_MEMORY: 256 MB

imagick::RESOURCETYPE_THREAD: 1

imagick::RESOURCETYPE_TIME: 9.2233720368548E+18

gd_version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)

gd_formats: GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP

ghostscript_version: 9.53.3

### wp-server ###

server_architecture: Linux 5.15.0-83-generic x86_64

httpd_software: Apache

php_version: 7.4.33 64bit

php_sapi: apache2handler

max_input_variables: 50000

time_limit: 0

memory_limit: 8192M

max_input_time: 60

upload_max_filesize: 128M

php_post_max_size: 128M

curl_version: 7.74.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1n

suhosin: false

imagick_availability: true

pretty_permalinks: true

htaccess_extra_rules: true

current: 2024-03-04T08:16:36+00:00

utc-time: Monday, 04-Mar-24 08:16:36 UTC

server-time: 2024-03-04T09:16:34+01:00

### wp-database ###

extension: mysqli

server_version: 10.5.22-MariaDB-1:10.5.22+maria~ubu2004

client_version: mysqlnd 7.4.33

max_allowed_packet: 1073741824

max_connections: 100

### wp-constants ###

WP_HOME: https://www.staatsdruckerei.at/

WP_SITEURL: https://www.staatsdruckerei.at/

WP_CONTENT_DIR: /var/www/html/wp-content

WP_PLUGIN_DIR: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins

WP_MEMORY_LIMIT: 512M

WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT: 512M

WP_DEBUG: false

WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY: true

WP_DEBUG_LOG: false

SCRIPT_DEBUG: false

WP_CACHE: false

CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS: undefined

COMPRESS_SCRIPTS: undefined

COMPRESS_CSS: undefined

WP_ENVIRONMENT_TYPE: Nicht definiert

WP_DEVELOPMENT_MODE: undefined

DB_CHARSET: utf8

DB_COLLATE: undefined

### wp-filesystem ###

wordpress: writable

wp-content: writable

uploads: writable

plugins: writable

themes: writable

`

• Hi @pullober,

Do you have the newest version of this plugin?

Did you try contacting the plugin author?

Best regards

• actually we are now kind of forced to use version 2, instead of the newer version 3 of borlabs cookie. if this goes away with version 3, i could talk the customer into it.

does it go away with version three?

thank you for your insight.

• Other customers claimed that Borlabs fixed it some versions ago.

Best regards