BeTheme is not compatible with Borlabs 3.0

Hello, Betheme is not compatible with Borlabs 3.0. The cookie window pops up and clicks (events) are only recognised with a delay or not at all.

The manufacturer of the Borlabs plugin has examined the site and found that Betheme's Java script works with errors. 

I have used Betheme in 13 customer projects. The Borlabs plugin works flawlessly in all other themes.

Please check your Java script. I would like to continue using BeTheme in customer projects, but it must also work with such important plugins as the Borlabs plugin (used because of the European GDPR).

Regards

Reiner

Comments

• Hi,

We have never tested this plugin with our theme, and it is not on our supported plugins list: https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/bundled-plugins/#compatibility.

However, if you contact Borlabs 3.0 support and they tell you which part of our JS exactly causes this issue and why, we will be able to look closely at this problem.

Best regards

• Hi,

I have contacted the plugin manufacturer. They told me that it is not their job to look for errors in Betheme. Nevertheless, he is willing to find a solution together with your team. Your support team should contact the manufacturer.

Mail address: [email protected]

• HI,

I have the same problem.

When can I expect a solution to it

• The plugin devs say it is not on their end, and to dig into our theme. Cool, but we need specifics. Since it is outside our scope, we will not be able to address the issue via email.

To help out, could you ask them which file or function in our theme is causing the hiccup? Without that info, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Once we know, we will dive in and sort it out ASAP.

Best regards

• Hello Support Team,

I have written to Borlabs support again about this. Each party (you and Borlabs) rejects the responsibility.

I would like to appeal to BOTH of you (the same mail also goes to Borlabs) to tackle and solve the problem together. To do this, it is necessary that you contact each other to find the error.

The BeTheme theme is one of the most widely used themes in the world, including here in Europe. I am happy to recommend it to my customers. The Borlabs plugin is a very important plugin in Europe to implement the GDPR, almost every website operator has to use it.

I am an entrepreneur, I have to make decisions for the future and for my customers. I either have to tell my customers in the future that they can no longer use the Betheme theme, or I have to recommend a different plugin for cookie usage to my customers in the future.

The problem I already have is that I have many customers who use BeTheme in combination with Borlabs. I have to tell these customers that they will need either a new theme or a new cookie plugin in the near future. I am not looking forward to these conversations!

So once again I appeal to BOTH companies to tackle the problem together and delete it.

With kind regards

Reiner Pfeil

• Alright then, please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• I have just received a message from Borlabs support. They were able to narrow down the error, it was due to a css file from BeTheme. Borlabs will release an update in the next few days to fix it.

Thank you for your willingness to help.

• That's great, happy to see they're going to fix it.

• edited February 29

is this solved yet?

we too have borlabs cookie installed and the problem, that the cookie box appears again and again after 2 klicks.

can you tell me which css file or how you solved the problem?

borlabs Version 2.2.67

PHP Version OK7.4.33

Database Version OK10.5.22-MariaDB-1:10.5.22+maria~ubu2004