Responsive Editing Issues

Hello, when I edit for each format (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile) I get varying degrees of success. Some things look like my edit screen and some do not. I am working on a desktop 1920x1080, an iPad Pro 12.9 and an iPhone 12 ProMax.

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing your issue.

Thanks

Phone Example 1: Top Section - Very different from what I see in BeBuilder.

Phone Example 2: Title text is not what I set in BeBuilder

Tablet Example 1: Menu bar is wrong.

Tablet Example 2: Left justified as compared to what I set in BeBuilder.

• 1) On tablet view, there is a negative left margin assigned to the header builder container:

Moreover, you set up a custom width for it.

Mobile view inherits these values from a tablet, so if you correct it there, the mobile view will be correct, too.

2) Here, you have custom width as well and large margin values:

Here is how it looks when custom width and margins are disabled:

3) I could not notice the example from your third screenshot. Are there any extra steps to reproduce that?

4) You did not add a comparison to what you see in BeBuilder, so I do not know how it should look.

Best regards

• You've provided some items that I need to consider. I'll reach back out if needed. Thank you for your information!

I am continuing to see variations between what the Bebuilder shows and what I see on my devices. With your comments above, I have gone back and removed many of the margin settings etc. Please advise if I am missing something on best practices.

___________________________________________________________________________________

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• edited December 2023

I started a message on this yesterday, but I didn't hit send. Just submitted.

• You have some caching enabled on your server. Despite the cache being turned off in WP settings, no changes are visible on the live page.

To check this properly, we need you to disable the server cache.

Best regards

• I have received confirmation that the caching has been turned off.

• 1) You have many misconfigurations in your header template, such as negative margins, custom widths, etc.

Correcting them all would be too time-consuming, and in your place, I would start over with the header template based on one of the pre-built headers:

And checking our video tutorial about it:

https://support.muffingroup.com/video-tutorials/header-builder-2-0/

2) Almost every wrap and element has a custom width assigned, which is causing these problems. Width is a strict value, no matter what resolution the device has.

You should either set the default width or adjust the width to look good on devices with a smaller width.

Best regards