admin-ajax.php excessive calls forcing high CPU seconds

I have been working with our ISP to try to find out why we are getting extremely high CPU seconds, which is slowing our site down, and they want to increase our hosting fee to stop our site going down completely.

After talking with them they suggested that the best solution would be to check with BeBuilder´support to see if you have any guide about how to limit the admin-ajax.php calls. If it can run for instance once every 5 minutes instead of 5 times per minute! that would be perfect.

Can you tell me how to change the ajax.php call frequency?

I did try disabling all the plugins to try to re-start them one at a time and then run the SiteGround page test to see if that improved performance, but, once i disabled all the plugins and after re-enabling the Site Ground plugin where the test is, i get an error saying that it can't run, so i can't go that rout.

Site is: HTTPS://englishcocker.org

Thanks.

Terry Bilton

Comments

• This screenshot shows the results that SiteGround are talking about.

• Hi,

I must consult that with the dev team.

I will let you know as soon as I receive a response from them.

Best regards

• As an FYI.. I just found the following in the error log in the back end

2024-02-11 12:18:58 UTC [nginx][error] 81071#0: *14358858 openat() "/home/u596-lgp9iptfmoq7/www/englishcocker.org/public_html/.well-known/traffic-advice" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 64.233.173.68, server: englishcocker.org, request: "GET /.well-known/traffic-advice HTTP/1.1", host: "englishcocker.org"

I'm also seeing a lot of 400 Bad Requests (832348) under HTTPS Status Codes, along with Page englishcocker.org/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php (157153)

• To check that properly we will you you to send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• We have checked that, and every AJAX that is loaded comes from WooCommerce.

BeBuilder loads them because it is a WYSIWYG builder, so it shows what is shown on the live page.

Best regards