Button not firing popup

I followed all the instructions I could find, but it still isn't working.

I have a popup set to fire on a click. It gave me an id of #mfn-popup-template-23 to open this popup with a button. It says "external" button, but that context doesn't make sense to me. External? Like on some other site? I'm not following that. but maybe it doesn't matter.

I applied that ID as the LINK on the button I want the popup to fire on when it's clicked.

I saved everything.

Button does nothing.

I also tried saving the popup with a condition of INCLUDE on Entire Site - which didn't fix it.

I remove that condition and saved it and that didn't work either.

What am I missing?

Comments

• Hi,

You are inserting it in the wrong place.

You should switch the Functional button option to Open popup, and put the ID in the field that appears below:

Best regards

• Hi

Thanks!

That fixed it!

Is this documented anywhere? I just searched all the docs I'm aware of and couldn't find that. Usually it's just an id on the link that makes these things work. I'm sure yours is better....I'm just asking if there are docs for all these cases? This one for sure was kind of counter intuitive. Maybe people familiar with Elementor already know this stuff? I'd never heard of it.

Also, on a different note, I'm glad I checked back in here. The default settings in this forum don't seem to have email notifications turned on for replies, or something. I had no indication that someone replied, 2 days ago. No email, no spam, nada. The notification was off I guess. I've turned them all on, so I'm hopeful that fixed it. I'd never visited that page before today...

Thanks again - Really enjoying your theme and builder!

Chris

• I have checked our support center, and indeed, there might be a lack of information about this. We will improve that.

I am happy I could help and glad to see that our theme suits you. Please let me know if the notifications settings you changed worked for you.

Best regards

• Hiya!

Yes I got an email this time. So I assume the changes made that happen.

It was odd that the default setting had several of them off.

Thank you!

Chris