Theme Update Failed

Hello, I'm getting the following error by the time I try to update the theme:

An error occurred while updating Betheme: Could not move the old version to the upgrade-temp-backup directory.

I went through the troubleshooting steps and nothing

1. Permissions: Ensure proper permissions (755 for directories, 644 for files) in the WordPress installation and “wp-content” directory.
  2. Temporary Directory: Check for sufficient disk space and any restrictions on creating directories within “wp-content.”
  3. Server Config: Verify no server restrictions (like open_basedir) affecting directory creation.
  4. Conflict Check: Temporarily deactivate plugins, switch to default theme to identify conflicts.
  5. WordPress Version: Check official documentation for WordPress 6.3 for any new features or changes.
  6. Debugging: Enable debugging in wp-config.php to get detailed error messages.
  7. Hosting Support: If issue persists, contact hosting support for server-specific assistance.

Comments

• Hey,

This message could mean that your license key is used on multiple domains. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain or it is not registered anywhere, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard).

After that, get into the license manager once more. If the license key is still claimed - deregister it. If it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins a couple of times (usually, it passes after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

Thanks

• Hi,

I've just purchase this license about 2 weeks ago. It's only registered on this domain uniu.art. I've deregistered en registered again and same issue persists. There's something wrong

• Please try to update your theme manually by downloading the package from Themeforest and replacing the one you have installed in your WordPress.

If this does not work either, please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact, and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Worked. Tks a lot