Padding issues / Understanding padding on the theme

Hi,

I need some help to understand how padding works on the theme.  I mean, who is the top? Sections? Columns? Dividers?  Who is the parent of padding and how it is affected when I add a column or some other shortcodes?

I have an issue and don't know how to resolve it.  The padding between two shortcodes are not fine and cannot find the way to fix it.  Please see the attached picture 1.  The padding between a COLUMN shortcode and a CONTACT BOX shortcode is too big.  I need to close that gap between those shortcodes.  Please look at the image and to the red box.

Also, when I first started the web site, the padding at the bottom wasnt that big.  Don't know what changed during my work that increased that padding at the bottom.  Something affected it.  Please look at the following image and the red box:

And please check my muffing builder schema for the work done.  So you can see how I placed the shortcodes on this particular section.  The website is http://www.siesnat.com/siesnat2

On the -PLACERHOLDER- shortcode and also tried using COLUMN shortcode instead of it to see if that changes something, but there is no go.

Please help me with the padding issues.

Regards,
Jaime

Comments

• Hi,

for padding between items is responsible default padding for columns which is:
    .column, .columns { margin: 0 1% 40px; }
    so if you want to remove padding, you can play with above css. However this padding should be smaller because we do not make such large spaces. And this one on your site, is related with placeholder what you can see on http://pasteboard.co/2sPBXOPH.png

P.S. We recommend to use "Divider" item between each row.
  • edited August 2015
    I understand, I replaced the PLACEHOLDER shortcode with a column.  I did that yesterday and the spacing was the same, but now it seems smaller... I don't want to think I am crazy. LOL.

Regarding the footer spacing, is that normal? By modifying the CSS you mentioned above will I be able to modify that footer padding or it justs modify columns.
  • We are not sure if above css will work for footer as well but you can check.