Struggling with using this

Hi

I purchased the theme, and now I'm having trouble using it. i've managed to find the Betheme Options under appearance, but  no matter how many times I click to add a right sidebar under sidebars, one isn't coming up!

All I want is a webpage that shows my blog posts like the ones at the bottom (see here - http://gyazo.com/4d730669ad60e3c9cf93c9b2f56223a9 )  with a menu at the top (that part works) and a right side sidebar...

What am I missing that's making this so hard to use??

Comments

• Hi,

as we see, this is a blog page. So if you want to set sidebar for blog page, you must create sidebar first and then under Appearance > Widgets section you must put some widgets into sidebar. After that, under "Page options" section for blog page you must select the sidebar. Also, please do not forget to set posts page under Settings > Reading section.
  • Hi,

My posts page is my home page...

I respect the work that must have gone in to creating this, I really do... but after 18 hours of staring at the instructions and going through wordpress, all I'm getting are things that don't work. I really don't think you should advertise this as being 'one click' anything... it's a tool that I'm sure is great for very experienced users, but for beginners like me who just wanted a nice looking theme.... it's an absolute disaster. The best I can hope for now is to get a refund.
  • If you want to get refund, then please contact with Envato team because we are not the seller here. We are the author so we can help with your problems only. And unfortunately we can't agree with you because you can get one of pre-made layouts with just 1 click. In sidebar case, you need to do maybe 3 or 4 clicks. Is that really so difficult? Did you aalso read the topic about sidebar on this forum http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/10/how-to-create-sidebar-and-set-up-for-page where we left step by step explanation of how to create sidebar for page? This can not be easier made. All most popular themes works exactly the same way.