starting over - changing the initial site template

Hi,

I started by using one of the premade site templates. I didn't like the header and footer so I created templates for them. Now I want to create a page template.

The problem I've encountered is that the "original site template" won't go away. It seems I must build upon that. Should I simply deregister, delete the theme and start over?

Thanks,

Sally

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot showing what you refer to.

Thanks

• The home page background image space/section appears to be uneditable. I would like to have total control. This is the first time I've tried to use a site template. As an experienced developer, I should have known better. I need to deactivate the template or start over from scratch.

https://lpmmanufacturing.com/about-us/

• I can see that the header you built is in use.

If you are referring to this part:

(I am not sure because you did not attach a screenshot as I asked in my previous message) then this is a Subheader.

You adjust its settings in Betheme -> Theme options -> Header & Subheader -> Subheader.

Best regards