Style rules re-flow around 1240px - is there another hidden break point? Can I remove this?

I noticed that some of the style rules seem to re-flow on my website around 1240. How do I adjust settings at this break point, which is between laptop and tablet? Or can I remove it entirely?

You can see this in action on this page:

https://floatingptstg.wpenginepowered.com/filter-view/

At 1440 we switch to laptop.

At 1240 we get dramatically wider left and right margins.

At 960, we switch to tablet. 

I am stumped, and appreciate any insights you can provide!

Thanks,

Hillary

Comments

• Hi,

To edit this width, you must modify the laptop view.

There is no option to adjust settings for devices between 1240 and 960px.

Best regards

• Hi Phil,

Margins and padding for the laptop view and desktop view are identical, so it shouldn't have the awkward jump that it does. Perhaps I have incorrectly identified where the break points are.

On the page I linked above, I see the styles change subtly when I go below 1440 px in width - the product card title size decreases, which is the only style difference I have selected between desktop and laptop.

Then at 1240, there is a very dramatic increase in left/right padding. The header padding also changes, and the menu goes onto two lines. This creates issues with the megamenu alignment.

Can you help me identify why this is happening? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with settings I have chosen. This happens on all pages on my site.

I appreciate you looking into this, you have been a big help!

Thanks,

Hillary

• This is due to CSS, which has always been in Betheme, even before the laptop breakpoint.

As I mentioned in my previous message, there is no setting to modify this.

Only by creating a custom CSS code you can overwrite that, but it might cause many layout issues.

Best regards