Update problems

Hello, I recently took over the programming of a client's website. The site runs on betheme version 11.2 - as on a very old version.

I now wanted to update the site and because the customer did not receive any documentation from the previous programmer, we bought a new license.

1st problem: I can't find a place in the backend where I can enter the license code. How can I store the license so that Wordpress can perform the update?

2nd problem: I then wanted to update manually via FTP. But when I install the theme version 27.5.2.1, I get a critical Wordpress error. The content pages were created with the WP Page Bakery Editor.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• Hello,

1) The license can be registered/deregistered through Betheme -> Dashboard.

2) Please turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent and recheck it.

Thanks

• Thank you for the quick reply.

1) unfortunately there is no such entry called "betheme -> Dashboard" in my WordPress backend. Only the Wordpress dashboard appears but without a widget of betheme (see attached picture)

2) same critical error after deactivating all plugins and switched to parent theme. I´ve attached a PDF with a screenshot of the error.

Thanks!

• Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at https://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• thank you, I´ve just sent the message via contact form.

Best regards

• Sorry, but we haven't received a message from you yet.

Please check your mailbox for our response. Look also inside the spam folder.

If you don't have any message from us, please send your login credentials again.

Be sure that you send all of the required information mentioned in the previous message.

• link to this forum discussion
    • link to your website
    • login credentials
    • FTP credentials

Thanks

PS. You can also send your license key

• I received your private message, but neither WP nor FTP credentials work.

Please send another message with your working credentials and attach your license key.

Thanks

• Hello Phil,

thank you for your respond. I am sorry that credentials didn´t work. I´ve just sent another message and checked all credentials once again, hopefully it will work now.

Thank you for your help.

Benjamin

• Thank you. Now, the credentials work, but in my last two messages, I also asked for your license key, which you did not send.

Please send it as well.

Thanks

• Hello, I´ve included the text of the license file (including the purchase code) in the last message. Just send another message with the licence code and the discussion link.

• I have activated theme package with the newest version, registered the license key, saved theme options, and your website seems to work properly now.

Please check it out now.

Best regards

• Sorry for the late reply - don´t know how you made this, but I´d like to say a big thank you for the support :-)

Is it possible to use the old child theme for the new version?

Best regards!

• I don't think so. If you have pretty old child theme, there might be problem with some functions that no longer exists. WordPress constantly changes something and functions supported in the past, are not supported any longer.