Cloning a site for a new domain & Staging Issues

Hi Guys,

Here's my typical workflow.....

1. Setup BeTheme with demo content on a development URL e.g. mydevelopmentwebsite.com
  2. I configure the theme on the domain, set its options, colours etc and build out my templates etc.
  3. When done I then copy to staging so I can work further on developing the sites content. When happy I push changes to live.

Of course, when building and uploading images for example BeBuilder stores the full URL path. The image URL's do not update when I push to live so I end up having to manually update all the images so that the images are served from the correct URL.

Carrying out a Search & Replace in the site and DB fixes most issues - but it does not work with BeBuilder always and some URL's do not update at all so I end up with images/files being servied from both the Dev URL [mydevelopmentwebsite.com] and the STAGING URL [staging.mydevelopmentwebsite.com]

Once I finalise the site, and then fix all the URL's one by one within the builder and the widgets I am good to go but this is really time consuming.

HOWEVER HERE IS A SECOND ISSUE - once I was then happy with everything, I needed to clone the site for a second Brand for my business which essentially keeps the same design/layout - it's just the page content that changes. So when I Migrate the first site to a second URL - I have a similar situation.

I love BeTheme - but this does cause major issues for me and I suggest a really simple fix and that is to have the builder strip out the domain from the image paths for example. This would then mean that all it would store is /wp-content/myimagename.jpg for instance in the URL field of BeBuilder.

Is this something you can consider looking at?

ALSO - Not sure if this is a related issue - but I also find that the Templates when cloned from Site one to Site two - do not work and require re-building.

Comments