WPML after translating page, WPML cut off spaces and blank rows after media

Hello,

I checked this issue with WPML support extensively and they come back to me with solution, which idk if its safe, as they want me to add php code into theme-functions.php. I dont want the code to break the theme. Can you check it please if its ok to add it there ?

Whole service topic you can find here:

This is the final reply:

Hi,

Please check the following steps:

1- Edit the (wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/theme-functions.php) file

2- Replace the "mfn_wpml_encode_custom_field" and "mfn_wpml_decode_custom_field" functions with the following code

function mfn_wpml_encode_custom_field( $custom_field_val, $custom_field_name ) {

if ( $custom_field_name === 'mfn-page-items' ) {

$custom_field_val = mb_convert_encoding($custom_field_val, 'UTF-8', 'auto');

$custom_field_val = base64_encode( serialize($custom_field_val) );

}

return $custom_field_val;

}

add_filter( 'wpml_encode_custom_field', 'mfn_wpml_encode_custom_field', 10, 2 );

function mfn_wpml_decode_custom_field( $custom_field_val, $custom_field_name ) {

if ( $custom_field_name === 'mfn-page-items' && is_string($custom_field_val) ) {

$custom_field_val = mb_convert_encoding($custom_field_val, 'UTF-8', 'auto');

$custom_field_val = maybe_unserialize( base64_decode($custom_field_val) );

}

return $custom_field_val;

}

add_filter( 'wpml_decode_custom_field', 'mfn_wpml_decode_custom_field', 10, 2 );

3- Edit the page in the default language

4- Make a minor edit in the column text widget and update it

5- Update its translation

I applied those steps to your test site. Please check this translated page and let me know if it works correctly.

Thanks for your time

Martin

Comments