Lightbox effect for Layout

edited August 2015 in Portfolio
I'm using one of the default layout associated with Visual Composer. However, the image just goes to a new page rather than opening up in a lightbox. Is there a way to make this use the lightbox effect ? I prefer to keep this layout template where the text is on the left and images on the right, but I'm open to other suggestions

PS- If it's not possible, is there a plugin you recommend that would go well with this theme?

Comments

• Hi,

as we see, you use VC and that's why popup effect does not work. If you will use our Muffin Builder instead, then option will be added by default. You can try to add prettyphoto class for the image item but if this won't help, then please use our builder instead of VC.
  • edited August 2015
    Which of the shortcodes should I be using for Muffinbuilder to get the lightbox effect and to show all the photos? Because I tried all of them and it seems Portfolio Grid will work but it will only show the featured image. I want it to show a bunch of images in  a grid format.

And how do I delete the grey subheader of the Title page just above it?

• You can use even simple Image shortcode.
  • edited August 2015
    So how do you use the prettyphoto class to get the lightbox?

I typed in prettyphoto in the custom class field for the shortcode but the lightbox just stalls.

Assume I'm not a coder and treat me as such because this isn't obvious. Do you have documenation for this?
  • No, we do not have any documentation related with prettyphoto because VC is an external plugin and if you want to use features that are not included into plugin, you should contact with plugin's author. If you will use our Muffin Builder and Image item as we mentioned above, then all you need to do is upload Image and Zoomed image what you can check on http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#muffin-builder (4.2.20 Image) and you will get image in prettyphoto by default because this option is included into our default builder and you don't need to be good in coding.

Hope this will help you a lot :)
  • Ok thank you. Is there a way to get rid of the magnifying icon that appears when you hover over the image?
  • Yes, it is possible of course. You can do this with below css:
    .image_frame .image_wrapper .image_links { display: none !important; }