One Theme Color Generator

edited August 2015 in BeBuilder
About 3 weeks ago I realized that the custom colors I set in BeTheme had changed to blue along with that some text boxes attached to icons i setup in the builder can't be seen I tried to chnage but no avail.
I guessed it was a bug..
Then a new version came out on 1aug15 I uploaded and no change I went back to the custom colors changed a few things but no change. Another update came out a few days later. So i dleeted the old version installed the new and boom same color problems, dosent matter what I do the colors never change.
HELP ME MUFFIN MAN YOUR MY ONLY HOPE
www.robotscool.com

Comments

• Hi,

this is not a bug of course. It's something on your side because changing colors works fine.

Anyway we checked your site and this is the result of style.php file on your site http://pasteboard.co/2FbROWFF.png - as you see, your server is not able to properly read files. This should be CSS format while your server is reading this file as html/text. In this case, you can try the trick we described on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/3081/problem-with-style-php-and-style-colors-php-file but if this won't help, you must contact with server administrator because your server is not able to read dynamic css files properly (css files with .php extension).
  • Ill give that a bash. Im using GoDaddy im on php5.4 I checked all of that before writing.
    I'll follow the post link and see if i can get that sucker working and let you know the outcome.
    cheers for the speedy reply
    Cheers muffin man
  • Hi Muffin Man
    Checked the style and colour style.php  appear to have default values so i go in change the color-style.php save check no change mess a few other setting no change.
    I edit my htaccess on ftp kills the site or does nothing
    Suddenly i remember I have a backup on
    sojourn.robotscool.com
    So i took a look.  Looks the way it did before I migrated. Export setting to www.robotscool.com
    The WP UI looks correct all the colors are there not so in the colorstyle.php again edit directly no change.
    I venture back to sojourn.robotscool.com and i can edit the colours and they change. Both on the same server the sub.domain work as it should
    Im using Godaddy 5.4php.
    Cheers Muffin Man
  • not exactly i still cant get robotscool.com to work correctly
  • Did you saw the screenshot we sent you above? Because this screenshot explain everything. You still got the same problem. While style.php file can not be opened as CSS file but is opening as text/html? Do you know that the problems related with files reading are always because of server settings? In this case you should contact with server admin because this is the only person who will be able to help you.
  • A continuance of my problem UPDATE
    I have spoken with Godaddy after mysite went offline and brought up the css problem.
    Got site back up then turned to the css problem. They claimed it nothing to do with them and said it MUST be a scripting problem.
    Once I got off the phone I updated wordpress to 4.3  then installed the latest updated for BeTheme and then WOW suddenly it looks how it should brilliant.
    I get up today look at the site reverts back to default css.
    I think well let me reinstall wordpress AGAIN do so re connect databases HURRAY looks great again.
    about 1-2 hours later its reverted back to default
    I call Godaddy we talk through a few things finally they say sorry everything our end is fine.
    OK so back to you. If i reinstall wordpress delete the wp-config, reconnect database looks great a little while later reverts to default
    HELP HELP HELP

• Please don't tell us that this is script problem because it's not. Over 16000 customers are using this theme without any problems so you really think this is a script problem or you are looking for someone who will be able to sort our your server? Sorry but we are not server experts and this is the reason why we can't help unfortunately. As you wrote, everything was fine for a while a suddenly stopped working. This means that it can not be theme. There must be something else wrong on your side. You should try to combine (remove plugins, restart php and mysql on server side). Files responsible for styles works fine what you can see on http://www.robotscool.com/wp-content/themes/betheme/style.php?ver=9.4 or http://www.robotscool.com/wp-content/themes/betheme/style-colors.php?ver=9.4 so this can not be theme at all. Hope that one of our suggestions will help you somehow. If you have a chance, you can try other hosting. Just install theme on other site and check there.

Thanks for understanding!
  • I finally fixed the problem. I deleted everything and re-built from scratch after my sub-domain which was looking exactly the way it should reverted to default as well.
    It's been rebuilt for 3 days now still looks good fingers crossed.
    Now on to another problem but first I shall scan the forum for a solution ....
  • We're glad to hear that you sorted it finally but we still do not know what was the problem. If you know what was the reason then will be great if you can share with us this information. But if you don't know, then ok.