Widget area in top hook

Is it possible to build a widget area above the header? We are trying to add social media icons towards the right hand side of the header, so they are not just located in the footer. If this isn't possible with a hook, can you suggest another way. 

We're not particular about where these are, really, as long as you dn't need to scroll to click on the icons. 

Sarita 

Comments

• Hi Sarita,

we have a hooks what you can see under Theme options > Global > Hooks section. Also we got another features that allow you to use widgets above the header. It's called "Sliding Top" what you can see on our demo. In the right top corner, you have an arrow so you can click on it and widgets will appear.
  • I didn't want the widget to slide. I wanted a widget to be there permanently. I thought I could use the hook for this, but I don't know the code to add a widget. that's what I was asking for help with. 
  • So we are really sorry but we do not have anything like this. We thought that you know how to do it and you are looking for a place where you can use hooks only. To have the widgets at the top for all the time, some theme files must be changed. So at this moment we got sliding feature only but we'll consider your suggestion of course.

Thanks!
  • Nope, we bought the theme due to the lack of coding needed and thought the hooks could be used to house a widget like some other themes we have used. Are you saying this is not possible (to add a widget via the hook) or that you do not provide the coding support for this? 

Is it possible to have some help here? 
  • We are saying that it is not possible to use widgets in hooks section at all. This needs much more modifications in theme files then you think. That's why we suggested to use Sliding Top where widgets can be used.
  • Ok. That's unfortunate. Is there a way to use the action bar to display social media icons? 

Sarita 
  • Never mind, I am working on some solution. I may come to you for some positioning help... but so far the plug in short code I put in the hook looks like the best option. 

Thanks for trying :-) 
  • Great :) We're glad to hear this.