Quform plugin shortcode causing unusual behaviour with columns

I have been trying to use Quform and it works but not in a dual column layout, as soon as I place the shortcut for the popup form into my left column it drops the right column underneath it?

Any suggestions?

You can view the problem here:  http://websiteandlogodesign.com.au/lever/#contact
I have two columns, one for text and one for map. When I input the Quform shortcode to the text coloumn is drops the map column below instead on beside it?

The code I am using is:  [iphorm_popup id="1" name="Main Contact Sunshine Coast"]Click to use our CONTACT FORM[/iphorm_popup]

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I have tried different text alignments and column formats.

Comments

• I forgot to mention the plugin works fine, it is just when used in the two columns that I get an alignment issue? 
  • Hi,

Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check how many html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine. There is even body tag at the end not closed properly so there is some mistakes in the content for sure and you must check the whole code responsible for content.

Thanks!
  • How can there be errors?  

I have only used the muffin page builder??

I loaded a demo and then edited it with the builder, how can there be errors??
  • This has got me a little worried now :(

I installed the theme, loaded a demo and made changes with the builder. I did not add any html code or any other code for that matter except the Quform shortcode I opened this ticket for??

So you are telling me that by using the supplied templates they have HTML errors?
  • No, you're wrong. This is not what we are telling you. Have you seen our site with the content? If not, then please open it in html mode and show us where the errors are. Because if you say this, you probably seen them somewhere and will be great if you can show us those errors on our demos.

If you are sure that you did not changed anything, then remove Quform plugin and check if you still got errors. If not, it means the plugin is a problem.
  • Sorry I have no idea how to fix HTML errors, maybe I will just remove the Quform plugin and see if that helps?  That was the whole point of me opening the ticket was to see if you could help me use this plugin.

My original post is about quform shortcode causing problems with the columns, if there is no solution and you think this plugin is not compatible then I will delete it.  

This is why I could not work out why you say there are HTML errors because all I did was install theme and demo, I added no other code only plugin. lol

-----------
    No, you're wrong. This is not what we are telling you. Have you seen our site with the content? If not, then please open it in html mode and show us where the errors are. Because if you say this, you probably seen them somewhere and will be great if you can show us those errors on our demos.
    -------
    I have no idea what you are talking about here.

• I deactivate the plugin, hope there is no errors now :(  page looks good.
  • You wrote that our theme comes with errors in the code so we thought you see them somewhere and that's why we asked if you can send us example of what you mean so we can have a look on it because we did never developed any demo or content with errors in html.

But, as we know, there is no errors in the code. And if you did not changed anything, it means plugin is the problem itself. Maybe plugin generate wrong code because as we showed you, there is a problem with opening/closing tags. And to verify where the problem is, you must deactivate plugins one by one and check. Or if it's not plugin, then you must check every element with content you created yourself because somewhere can be mistake and that's why this is what happen. So please deactivate plugin and check if you still got errors or not.

Hope this will help you :)

EDITED!!! True, now it's fine. There is only one small error related with p tag in widgets section. You added text widget with content inside where you closed tag but you forgot to open it. You can see it on http://snag.gy/0ZsZI.jpg
  • Oh that is a relief, I was worried.

I won't use this plugin anymore.

I corrected the p tag :) thanks for pointing this out.

I couldn't work out why the theme had errors because I did not add any HTML like body tags etc. Can you recomend a plugin to use for popup contact form?  That is what I wanted to use the Quform plugin for popup forms but it causes errors.

• You can use Contact Form 7 instead with our popup item. Under text shortcodes, you will find Popup item inside which you can use CF7 shortcode.  So the complete code will look as below:
    [popup title="Title" padding="0" button="0"]CF7 shortcode here[/popup]
  • That's awesome, i will try that now :)  Thank you for your advice.