Modifying Category Pages and Blog Posts

edited August 2015 in Blog
Hello!

I would like to do two things with this site: http://www.architectureanecdotes.com

1. Context: At the bottom of each blog article (blog post), I want to add a list of categories that this post is attributed to (each category-name would be a link to a page that has all the other posts in this category in the "masonry" format). 
Question: How can I modify the formatting for ALL the blog articles, and what coding do I need to use to display the categories as a series of links at the bottom of an article?

2. Context: Our site is almost 100% Blog Articles, and they are all divided into categories, therefor our menu is a link to each group of categories.  Each "category page" (it's not actually a "page" - maybe it is "Archives"??) currently shows a full Blog Article and THEN below that, displays the masonry format of many posts. We want ALL Category Pages to be the same: no article at the top, and only display a masonry set of posts.
Here is an example of a "category page" on our site: http://www.architectureanecdotes.com/category/autriche/ 
Question: How do we modify ALL "Category Pages" to only display a masonry-format set of posts (from that category, obviously) - and to NOT display an article at the top of those pages?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

1. Unfortunately we do not have such an option and with css it is not possible. For display categories, you must modify theme files.

2. This full article usually display if there is no posts page selected under Settings > Reading section. There should be Blog page set up and after that full article should disappear. But if this won't help, then please send us private message with access to your dashboard so we can have a look on it.
  • Hi Thanks!

1. Can you tell me which file or files I need to modify? I read some of your other advice about modifying the look of a blog article, and I think you said the index file, but then later you said the content-post file. Thanks.

2. Yes, I've read your advice about this before (Settings>Reading), and I don't think it fits for our situation. We want the Home page to be the Blog page, so we have set it up that way. (See this image: http://pasteboard.co/2NjhedaA.png). I've tried to change these settings, but when I do that, NONE of the Category Pages work at all: they shows ALL of the blog posts (and not the specific posts of that specific category). I keep fussing with the settings in Appearance>BeThemeOptions, but that has the same bad effect. 

If that doesn't help you help me, I'll send a private message.
  • 1. For blog page is responsible includes/content-post.php file but if you use blog items, then file responsible for them is functions/theme-shortcodes.php. But please notice that we do not offer any code customizations so if you want to modify files, you must do this on your own.

2. So please send us private message and we'll have a look on it.