Child Theme for Portfolio file

Hi,

I did some changes in the file content-portfolio.php but don't works in the child theme in this path /wp-content/themes/betheme/child/includes/content-portfolio.php. Do you know can I do it for keep the original theme files??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi,

you can not keep original files in child theme of course. Child theme works only with 2 files: style.css and functions.php. More details about child theme you can read on https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Thanks!
  • edited August 2015
    And, can I add some code from the content-portfolio.php to the functions.php?
  • Yes, you can use them in functions.php file.
  • Ok thanks. If I changed this code I can add to funtions.php?

$output .= '<div class="title_wrapper">';
                                            $output .= '<h5 class="entry-title" itemprop="headline">' . get_the_title() .'</a><br />
                                            <span class="linkport"><a target="_blank" href="'. $ext_link .'">Ver web</a></span></h5>';                               
                                            $output .= '<div class="button-love">'. mfn_love() .'</div>';
                                        $output .= '</div>';

• Please notice that we do not offer any code customizations. So if you want to modify theme files, you must do this on your own.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Ok, thanks for your solution. Others themes allow work with all theme files like child theme. I don't understand like this theme don't allow it.
  • Really? Which one? Because sounds like the theme you refer to were not made in accordance to WP API. We have no idea what themes you mean but for sure they are not made properly because child themes works only with 2 files only what you saw on page we sent you above.
  • Thanks for your fast reply. The theme example is 123garden. I don't know if it break the WP API but I know that the customers can do customizations without touch the father theme.
  • If this is true, we'll have a look on it when we have a little bit more time because now we work on some very important features.

Thanks for understanding!