Active menu lost in the posts

Hi,

I have somes strange things for create the blog section in the menu.

When I have a menu item "Blog" (page with a blog item) it shows properly all the posts and active item in the menu, but when I select and entry to a post I lose the active item in the menu. How do you do like in the demo be theme page?

I did like this:

1- I created a page called "blog" and after I created a section with a blog item with all categories.

2- I go to settings a select static page a page called home. Like post page I selected the "Blog" page created before.

3- I created a menu item with the page called "Blog"

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi,

please send us url to page where you lost active feature for menu items and we'll have a look on it.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

Yo can see if you navigate inside the posts. Thanks

The url is http://dropmedia.es

• Also, I haven't the /blog in the url.

Must be:
    dropmedia.es/blog/valores-anadidos-para-tu web

Now is:
    dropmedia.es/valores-anadidos-para-tu web

Thanks a lot
  • As we see, your blog was created wrong way. You forgot to set posts page under Settings > Reading section and this is the reason why you don't have "blog" in permalinks. But on our demo, "Blog" item is highlighted because posts are in menu and this is the only reason why blog is highlighted. WordPress does not recognize if post is a post page and that's why on single post pages that are not added into menu, "Blog" item is not highlighted. This is how WP works and unfortunately we do not have any control on it.
  • Ok thanks, I solved like you says adding to menu for keep the highlight in the menu. For add the /blog/ in the slug I use the plugin "Custom Permalinks" for handled it.

The bad thing is that when I'll create new posts I have to do each time both steps.

Thanks
  • Yes, it's true but this can not be fixed by us because this is because of WP itself.