How to get multiple images to appear in Portfolio page

edited August 2015 in Portfolio
http://richstonecorp.com/test/portfolio-item/mount-rogers/

2 questions;

1. How do I get rid of the social sharing buttons and the big image at the top. It seems redundant to have that appear twice on the page. I don't see an option to deactivate both of these within the backend
  2. How do I get multiple images from the same category to appear rather than just one? I'm using the Portfolio Grid shortcode and assigning a category to both the category and multiple categories drop down but only one image is appearing.

Comments

• Hi,

1. To remove social sharing buttons and featured image, please use below css:
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper { display: none !important; }
    2. Sorry but we do not understand what multiple images you mean. This is single portfolio page and it is possible to display only featured image at the top which you want to remove.
  • Doesn't the Portfolio Grid shortcode allow for multiple images to be displayed? For example, it gives the option to display all images for a certain category, correct? If so, why is it only 1 image is shown? What am I doing wrong?
  • Yes, Portfolio Grid item allow to display items from multiple categories. Maybe you configured something wrong and that's why it does not work as should? How did you configured this item? Are you sure that you used SLUGS for categories properly? As we see, you got only 1 item in the code so probably you did something wrong inside item.
  • edited August 2015
    Well, it's not clear as to how I tag each photo so they are in the proper category and appears in Portfolio Grid. How do you do that?

I currently tag pics in my media manager. Are the pics in the Portfolio Grid shortcode supposed to show photos I tagged in my media manager? Or where?

Here is a screenshot of my portfolio categories

A screenshot of my Portfolio Grid shortcode setup

and  a screenshot of my portfolio post called Mount Rogers
  • As we see, everything looks fine on screenshots. For portfolio item, you set to display items from "rogers" category only so all is ok because as you can see on this screenshot http://richstonecorp.com/test/portfolio2.jpg there is only 1 item under this category and exactly one items shows on your site. So everything is ok.
  • But where do I go to to assign more images to this category? Am I supposed to use the media manager? Because I have 4 images assigned to the same category in the media section.
  • You can not assign more images to the same category because it is not allowed. In categories, posts only display where 1 image per post is available only. If you want to display galleries, you should use default WP gallery instead.
  • edited August 2015
    I noticed that if I use Media Grid from Visual Composer, it gives me the effect I want here on the right side;

Perhaps you'll consider a similar shortcode to implement in future themes?
  • What you showed above is gallery shortcode. This can be easily done with Muffin Builder. On the left side you can use "Column" with text inside but on the right you can use "Column" with gallery shortcode inside.