One Page option and current-menu-item

1) I built a new page and chose the One Page option to enable smooth scrolling to page anchors vs old method w/ menu item having scroll class.

2) I built a new wp menu and used custom links w/ href values containing #id of each of the muffin builder sections for that page.

3) The scrolling works fine however the problem is that my second section #About is is getting the "current-menu-item" class as if that is the active anchor but it isn't.

I have verified #About is not active in the url when I load the page.  If I disable the One Page option the anchors of course still work but there is no smooth scrolling effect even when I add the scroll class to the menu items.

I have found that it seems to be part of the "visibility" of the anchored sections, since #About is above the fold partially but also below the fold partially, the class never gets removed.  I then tried full page sections but if a section doesn't have a menu item w/ a hash anchor, the previous sections menu item retains the active class even though that section is no longer active.  Is there any way to disable the "active" menu item feature but enable the smooth scrolling?

p.s. running Be 9.3 w/ all plugins disabled, even included ones on WP 4.3

Comments

• Any url to site where this happen so we can have a look on it?
  • Just sent you a pm.  It's only two sections and mind you I've fixed put a band-aid on the problem w/ css so you won't see the menu background change when it is current.

But you'll see on initial page load the second menu item, which is the second section hidden from view initially does not have the "current-menu-item" class which is expected - good.

However once you scroll to the next section, then back up to the previous, you'll see the second menu item retains the current class which is not what we want because we are no longer on that full page section.  I'm wondering if this is due to my first section not having a menu item with a matching anchor?
  • Sorry but we did not get any private message from you. To send us private message, please use contact form which is in the right bottom corner at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup (this is the only way to send us private messages).
  • Oh I used this forum system to send it to you.  It shows muffingroup has left this conversation.  I've now sent it to you via the themeforest emailing system.
  • I'm facing same issue any solution??
  • Hi, please send here an URL to your website and some screenshots.
    Thanks.