Adding html into the middle of Muffin Builder content & using muffin builder with visual builder

edited August 2015 in BeBuilder
Hi,

Great theme. 

Question one
I'm just getting to grips with the best way to build a page. I see there are two options, using visual builder or using muffin group builder (page options). I'm more comfortable using Visual Builder because I know it and it has the option of adding html / js as a section, something that I don't think is possible with Muffin Builder (at least I have not found it). I could only find an option to add html before or after the Muffin Builder contact via the hooks (6.1.5 doc ref). This would worry me because if I use the muffin builder and then need to add a section to the middle of the contact that is not an available as an option on muffin builder, I cannot do this is that correct? Visual Builder has an option to do this via the html & js section that can be added. Is there anything like this available for muffin builder?

Question two:
If not and I have to use Visual composer, is it possible to add your demo content as Visual Builder sections rather than Muffin builder sections? If not, is it possible to mix the sections of both builders, without using both and only being able to place one on top of the other, for example use one section from visual builder, then a section from Muffin builder, 3 sections from visual builder followed by 2 sections from muffin builder etc. to build a page?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Hi,

1) We have "Column" item where you can use html code. But the js can be used under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom JS section only.

2) Our demos were made with Muffin Builder tool because this is what our customers expect. If you want to use VC, then you must build pages from scratches.

Thanks!
  • That's great. Thanks so much for your quick response! :)

When building one page, is it possible to add sections from two different demo pages? For example, If I want to use some sections from the Digital homepage and the Surfing demo homepage on the one page, is there a way to import both? I have tried to import one and then the other but the second demo page simply overwrites the first, rather than adding to it.

Thanks
  • It is unfortunately impossible. Any next demo, will override settings of previous demos. That's why we recommend to have another wordpress instance just for tests where you can import demos and check how things were made. This is the best and easiest way to learn how things were made.
  • Ok cool. Thanks for all your feedback. Have a great day