Unexpected behavior in Options - Color - Header

When I open the "Color" section of the Theme Options view I am seeing unexpected behavior

1) Setting "Header background" does not change the background of the header.
2) Setting "Menu | Active Link color" changes the link text that refers to the current page (not the link under the mouse)
3) Setting "Menu | Active Link background" changes the link text color under the mouse, but does not change the background.

My current settings are 

1) "Header background" Green
2) "Menu | Active Link color" Blue
3) "Menu | Active Link background" Red

If open www.effectivechinese.net you will see how it is displayed

I suspect the problem is that I am not interpreting your words correctly.
If so then I think you need to improve the wording, or add some additional explanations.
So far I have spent 4 hours on this issue!

Comments

• Ooops ... I gave you the wrong link.

Take a look at newtheme.effectivechinese.net
    (effectivechinese.net is the site that I am migrating to Be theme)
  • Hi,

there could be few different reasons of that:

1. You got cache and that's why you don't see proper colors.

2. We noticed that you have some custom css what could be the reason as well. Maybe colors are set directly in Custom CSS section.

3. Because your files are cached, we do not see if you use custom skin or pre-defined one. Make sure that you use Custom skin under Theme options > Colors > General section.
  • 1.  Are you talking about server cache? No, I am not using server cache.  Are you talking about browser caching?  No, it is not browser cache.  Each time I make a change I see results. ... not the results I want, but if I had a cache issue, I would not see any changes.  

2. Yes, I have custom CSS.  And, by the way, I disabled all CSS styling and it did not effect any of the results mentioned above.

3. Again, my files are not cached.  I already have "theme skin" set to "custom".  I am able to see results from changing several color options.  It is only the 3 mentioned above that I am having trouble with.

Another 4 hours wasted fiddling with these settings.  At this point the 3 settings still have no visible effect.  However I am able to use custom CSS to work around the issue.

One suggestion that woul be very helpful (and reduce the amount of time you guys spend answering questions) is is to make a drawing and indicate what each of the color options represent one the screen.  You could do it with just one or two drawings.
  • So if you don't use cache and skin is set to custom then only one thing left. We have checked this already and this is where these colors comes from. It's CUSTOM CSS file http://www.effectivechinese.net/wp-content/themes/uranium/cache/custom.css?ver=1.3.0

We don't use this file for custom css's so you did this yourself and as we see, these colors are set under this file.
  • I appreciate your effort, but you were looking at the wrong web site.
    It is my fault because I gave you the wrong URL in the opening post.

But the site you were looking at is not even running Betheme ;o)

Not sure if the problem is me or be-theme, but my work around is to apply my own CSS styling.
  • So if your own css styling is the only workaround then maybe pre-defined skin is the culprit.