Search button not in a 3D raised flap within the modern style...

I want to use the Modern header style but I don't want the search icon button to be in the raised flap but in the main menu with the rest of the buttons. How should I go about doing this?

Comments

• Hi,

sorry but we do not have such feature included. We only got one search included what you can see on our demo site.

Thanks!
  • Couldn't I just use CSS to eliminate the illusion of the flap and the top part of the bar and have it match the rest of the menu bar so its one strip on one level? Or is there a place in the code I can make the change within the child theme I have installed? Is there a specific file with the PHP where the modern menu style is rendered? Maybe you can direct me to it so I'm not hunting around. I would appreciate it greatly.

I would suggest adding something to the Modern menu option style that doesn't use that 3D 2nd-tiered flap for the search. Its a very specific creative approach that not every client might want. It would seem with this theme you are trying to provide total flexibility.
  • This one is actually possible what you can see on Be|Cosmetics demo. You can use below custom css to do this the same way:
    #Top_bar .top_bar_right { top: 0; }
    #Top_bar .top_bar_right:before { top: 0px; background-image: none; transform: skewX(0deg) skewY(0); -webkit-transform: skewX(0deg) skewY(0); }

#Header .top_bar_left,
    #Header .top_bar_right,
    #Top_bar .top_bar_right:before { background-color: rgba(255,255,255,.7); }
    #Top_bar .menu > li > a span:not(.description) { font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 2px; }