Image sizes

BeTheme is responsive, but I notice that the portfolio images should be at least 375px wide or else a gap appears on the edges.  BeTheme/WordPress will automatically create smaller sizes, and also scale up the 375px width correctly.

Similarly, demo Revolution slider images seem to be 1200px wide.  Our page design specifies a 1330px content width, with slider images that span the whole width (so a 1920px screen will have a 1920px slider image).    Would you say that 1200px slider images would work well in this design?

TIA
gary

Comments

• You can try 1200px because we don't know if this will be good enough. You need to try.
  • Thanks... I agree that I need trial and error as it depends on the image quality.  However, I do see in ./functions/theme-functions.php the following:

add_image_size( 'portfolio-mf', 960, 750, true ); // blog, portfolio - flat, grid, masonry
    add_image_size( 'portfolio-mf-w', 960, 375, true ); // portfolio - masonry flat wide
    add_image_size( 'portfolio-mf-t', 480, 750, true ); // portfolio - masonry flat tall
    add_image_size( 'portfolio-list', 1160, 450, true ); // portfolio - list
    add_image_size( 'blog-single', 1200, 480, true ); // blog - single
    add_image_size( 'slider-content', 1630, 860, true ); // slider - content

So although *any* size will technically work, I'll stick with 480x750 for Masonry Flat and 1630x860 for Sliders.   The web designer is insisting that I fill out their "Photography Brief" with precise images sizes for various elements of their design. 

I'm going to ask them to use the sizes above, as this will integrate with BeTheme's defaults.

Thanks!
    gary