Logo and Subheader Images

Hi,

All of my questions are in regards to this page - http://www.gregpyfrom.com/marcia/about-marcia/

1) For the subheader, I see that it has a black background. My questions are as follows:

a) how do I go about changing the color/height if necessary?

b) If I was to use an image, what is the best size to use?

2) For the logo - 

a) What's the largest width I can make the logo in order for it to look good on all platforms?

b) How do I go about changing the size?

3) Is there a way to put the subheader above the menu?

Thanks,
Greg

Comments

• Hi,

1a) Subheader background you can can change under Theme options > Colors > Header section. But height you can change with below css:
    body.header-stack:not(.template-slider) #Header { min-height: 200px !important; }
    1b) Full HD width, so it's 1920px. But height does not matter because with above css you can control it's height.

2a) It depends on you. You can use any size you want.

2b) You can change it's size with below css:
    #Top_bar #logo { min-height: 100px !important; }
    3) This one is not possible.
  • Thank you for your help. 

I added 

An issue I am having though is that I added an image for the header 1920x275, but it's only showing half of the image. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Greg
  • This is how header background works. It always start from the top so it's always behind the header. If you want to change it's position, then you can play with below css but we can't guarantee that will work on every device.
    body:not(.template-slider) #Header_wrapper { background-position: center bottom !important; }
  • So if I just wanted one image to stay there, would it be best to do a single slider and use it on each of those pages?

Thanks
  • Slider can not be used in this section. It's section for background images only.
  • Then what's the point in having this section if you aren't going to tell us what size image to use? All I want is to use a simple image in that spot without having to play around with the css nonstop. Shouldn't this be something easy so that someone who doesn't write code can easily use?
  • Sorry but we do not understand your points now because we got an option to set header background images. Header image can be set with "Featured image" option which is on the right side while editing pages. CSS is necessary if you want to more than it's included into theme.
  • I've tried to just use the "featured image" and the size isn't proper either. I have made the image 1920x300, but if you look at the page - http://www.gregpyfrom.com/marcia/about-marcia/

You will see that half of the image is cut off. 

If you refresh, you see the entire image for a split second before the menu comes in. How do I fix this?

Thanks
  • Yes, image is cut and this is how it supposed to look like. So everything is fine here. Every background image start from the top. That's why it is called "Header background", not "Background image below top bar". So or you will use the css we gave you above to move this background down, or you will use different header style, like "Modern" and you will see whole background image behind.
  • Thank you.

Is there a way to remove the logo and search bar?
  • It looks like I was able to remove the logo.

Now it looks like the menu needs to be down about 75px in order for the rest of the image to show. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks
  • Disregard. I got it to work. Thanks
  • Great :) We're glad that you sorted it already.