Problems with features

I am having a couple of problems I cannot find the answer for in the documentation:
  • I cannot get the Footer to show. It used to show, but now it is MIA and nothing I do seems to bring it up.
  • I have a different logo for the sticky menu, and it used to show up, but now is missing. Instead, I am seeing the Header logo, which is long and looks bad as a sticky logo.
  • I have not added any new plugins since before the problems started.

The website is:  www.nvspeechhearing.org. There is little content at this point; I am just trying to get the layout working.  If you wish to see the credentials for login, please let me know.

Chesa

Comments

• Sorry, one more problem:  I cannot get the action bar links to change - where is that or are they the same as the menu links?
  • Somehow some CSS code ended up in the Custom CSS & JS box. It was disabling the footer among other things, and when I removed, the footer appeared. So footer is not an issue.

I also have found that the sticky header logo only works with Responsive. But Responsive is very difficult to work with because it requires that the page be wider than necessary to not initiate the Responsive menu. So when I disable the Responsive, I lose the chosen sticky logo. Is there any way to set the width for regular menus before the responsive menu appears?

Another problem:  I am getting Home - Home off and on when I change pages. There is only one Home page and it is set in General settings, so I don't know how to get rid of the duplicate Home on crumbs.

The inability to change the text and hover colors on the action bar is still a problem.

Chesa

• Hi,

2) Responsive and sticky header are related together and that's why if you turn off responsive, sticky won't work properly.

3) We opened your site http://www.nvspeechhearing.org/ but we do not see any duplicated breadcrumbs. So will be great if you can show us where you got them exactly.

Thanks!
  • It seems to be random, and now I can't get it to repeat the problem. So maybe something in the updates fixed the problem.

If it recurs, I'll be back.

Thanks.

Chesa

• Ok. Good to hear that all is good now.
  • I am having problems with the following:
    • Where do I color the email and phone icons that are in the top/action bar?
    • How do I change the color of the search text - which is now white, so I have to use a dark color so the text will show in the search box
    • I have used buttons on the home page, meeting notices and the forms page, but I cannot put any color to the button. It is now white with dark blue text and the rollover is light gray. What changes the background and rollover background?
    website is:  www.nvspeechhearing.org

Thanks.

Chesa
  • The answer on 1 & 2 question you can find on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/409/changing-social-icon-and-action-bar-icon-colors

Backgrounds colors can be figured with below css only (it's stroke button and all styles are pre-defined):
    .button-stroke a.button:not(.action_button), .button-stroke:not(.header-plain) a.button.action_button, .button-stroke a.tp-button, .button-stroke button, .button-stroke input[type="submit"], .button-stroke input[type="reset"], .button-stroke input[type="button"] { background-color: #000 !important; }

.button-stroke a.button.button_stroke_custom:hover:not(.action_button), .button-stroke:not(.header-plain) a.button.button_stroke_custom.action_button:hover, .button-stroke a.tp-button.button_stroke_custom:hover { background-color: #000 !important }
  • Thank you for #1 an #3. However, I cannot find an article on the text color for the search input text color. I have had to change the background to a dark blue for the text to show up. I think the text is currently #f7f7f7 or perhaps #f2f2f2.  I have looked at the stylesheets, but it refers to the top bar and no color is listed.

Thanks for your help.

Chesa
  • Sorry, we thought that css responsible for search text color was there. Anyway, you can change this text color with below css:
    #Top_bar .search_wrapper input[type="text"] { color: #000 !important; }
  • Thank you!