Sidebar will not be displayed on main post site

edited November 2015 in Blog
Hallo,

today I bought the betheme.
Now i try to optimize my old post to the theme but there is one big problem.
On my main post site there is no sidebar.
I creat one and i select it but it will not be displayed.
This is the URL on which i test the theme now .........

And this is my
official site ............

The posts are
confused and i dont now what to do now.

And another problem is the picture.
The thumbnail is ok but if you click on the post there is a large
rectangular with the picture and
much empty space

I hope someone could help me.
Thanks

Sincerely,

Max

Comments

• OK i solved the problem with the pictures.

But i cant fix the problem with the sidebar on the front page.

And another problem is thta on every site the text of the first post is over the post and next to the thumbnail picture.

What i have to change to remove the text over the post?

• I tried the way you as you describe it here http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/9/how-to-create-own-blog-posts but there is a problem with my posts becaus your solution show all posts and no sidebar.

But i would like to hide some posts on the main site and only show it on the category site.

When I didnt use the Post Page as a static site and build a blog site with the visual composer and choose it as a start page ervery thing looks perfekt but there is only one page and at the bottom of the page you cant choose another site.
  • Hi,

we are very sorry but it is impossible to hide some posts on the main site and only show them on category site. You can only use custom css to hide some posts by their posts-id on home page.

Thanks!
  • edited November 2015
    Hi,
    thanks for the replay.

But it works on this .......

The only problem is that at the bottom is not a field with the next page

And how can i fix the problem with the text over the first post on the category site.

And the problem with the sidebar. I cant add a sidebar on the posts and on the category site.
  • Ok on the posts site i fix the sidebar.

But on the category site i cant adde one
  • Sidebar for category pages is the same as for blog page. So the most important is to create regular blog page and set it under Settings > Reading section as posts page.
  • edited November 2015
    Its not possible.
    If i creat a blog and make this Settings > Reading section as posts page
    It looks like this ....
    And if choose start page it looks like this ....
    Now there is a sidebar but no next page at the bottom.
  • Sorry but we are confused now. So you are using "Blog" items on page and this is your blog page? Or what? Because if this is what you mean, then this is a wrong way of creating blog page. Posts page must be empty and after setting page as posts under Settings > Reading, only posts will display. No extra content. This is how blog page works.
  • Ok now i see what you mean and i change it.
    And all site have now the next page button and the text over the post is also away. Thanks :)
    But no sidebar.

I had three different themes and it was alwas possible to have a sidebar on the blog site and hide some posts on the main post site and only display it on the category site

I can activate one and show you what i mean.

Because without a sidebar i feel lost on a site :)

Its very importatnt for me and my users.
  • OK i think i did it.

It was my fault.

I use alway the Visual Composer and not the muffin builder.
  • Great :) We're glad to hear that you sorted it out! Thanks.
  • edited October 2015
    Yes :)
    I thank for the very good support.
    One of the best i ever had :)

But i still can not hide the posts.

I use normaly this Plugin  ( WP Hide Post ) to hide the posts on the homepage but in bethem it didnt work. I dont know why because every thing looks the same.
  • We did never tested this plugin unfortunately. But we'll try to have a look on it while future updates.

P.S. Thanks for your solution!