Zoombox issues

Is there a setting I missed or is it a bug making the zoombox not showing the text when hovering over the image on an ipad, I have no such issues in Android or in Chrome. 

Also in Firefox he zoomboxes are all over the page instead of being lined up three and three as set in the muffin builder. 

Comments

• Hi,

please show us on screenshot how it looks like. Because we checked Zoom Boxes on our http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/webdesign/ demo and it works fine. Also please send us url to page where you got these items.
  • I have a slightly similar issue concerning the zoombox. The zoombox increases in it's size when hovered. As there are only few options to edit, I don't know how this issue could occure.

Link to the example: LINK
  • @paderdeko This is how Zoom Box item works when you hover on it. Without Zoom effect, there will be no sense of calling this item Zoom Box :)
  • edited October 2015
    you misunderstood me: the size of the total box increases (as an object), not only the picture with the zoom-effect in it! the total box expands to the right, and only to the right. have you had a look on the submited link in my first post?

in your documentation (LINK) I don't see the effect which the boxes do on my site. do you get it now?
  • OMG, we didn't saw it before. Now we checked in "Incognito" mode and we noticed it finally.

So, as we see, your images are too small. Also you removed margin for columns with custom css and that's why you see this empty spaces between the images. These spaces shouldn't be there by default and images should be bonded together. We recommend to upload larger images then.
  • ok, i'll check that later. all images are 300x300px. any suggestions for size?
    what you mentioned about custom css was done in muffin builder: section settings - advanced - style - full width without margins
  • We thought that you removed those margins with custom css. Please upload larger images and will see if this will help. We really hope that this will do the trick.
  • edited October 2015
    *** SOLVED ***
    The clue was the size of the images. Now with 400x400px size all looks like it should!

Cheers
  • Guys,

Let me get a ride on this thread....

While on mobile devices like Iphone, etc.., when Zoom box is setup to use custom HTML tags with links on it like us (setup with 2 links), your click opens the link directly without showing the inside text first. I noticed that in demo that it may works when using just one link with the logo for instance. You guys think that is the issue when using more than one defaut link?

Thanks
  • @epimazoo Yes, this may happen when using more than one link of course.
  • OK. Thought that way. Thanks. 
  • edited November 2015
    Guys,

Just a quick note...although I had used only one link, user is bypassing the text inside the box going directly to the URL. There's no time to read it. It's automatically and happens no matter point you click. Any idea how to avoid this experience? I want user be able to first read the text and then decide to click or not in the link.

Have a look and see what I'm trying to demonstrate here: http://brightland.com.br/eventus/proximos-eventos/

Look for the fourth box where a description says "20 Congresso brasileiro de psicograma" with a kind of a flower icon on left. There's one link there while the other boxes comes without any and if you go to Homepage, you'll find a few setup with 2 links each so you can have an idea.

Thanks
  • Not sure what you did exactly but this is how your site looks like http://pasteboard.co/2cBHoEMB.png and it is impossible to scroll the site down where what you probably mean is.
  • Hi there,

We actually did nothing special in terms of customisation. We just added the shortcode one by one and setup. That's all. There's no scroll on this page and we don't want to. It's ok how it is. :-) Our issue is related to the internal link. You have to test on mobile devices. That's where the issue comes out. Navigate to that particular Zoom box (Fourth one as described), click on it and see what happens. It goes directly to the external URL and the user has no time to read inside text info first. See the attach -> http://pasteboard.co/2cKczVTk.png

Thanks

• @epimazzo Ohh, ok. We got it now. So you basically want to make 2 clicks on mobile devices. First one activate hover effect but the second goes to the link. However, this is what most of customers do not like. We'll add your suggestion on our "to do" list and will see while future updates if this can be even done. But please understand that current list got hundreds of positions and we have no idea when exactly we would be able to have a look on it.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Hey,

No worries. I understand how things normally works. :-) You got right. First click open the hover effect so user have access to text info inside the box then he can decide to click or not in the link provided. Think this already works but when a link is not been used like demo for instance that has the hyperlink general setup right? I used a HTML URL tag and added the link. When in mobile, the first hover click opens the link directly. That's the issue. Don't have any workaround in mind even with a simple link to apply right now? 
    thanks
  • Yes, you're right but there is no simple workaround for this unfortunately.
  • Hi folks,

I'm still around with this topic trying to find a clue around. Following the exactly demo, I noticed that when you go hover, the inside text pop-up with an enough time to decide for a second click or not. I tried to reproduce such thing but it didn't work. Any tip here?

Thanks
  • Sorry but we do not have any tip here. Some things just can not be simply done with custom css's and requires deeper changes (in theme files).
  • OK. No worries. Where can I obtain the right info to install the Zoom Box just like the demo?

Thanks,.
  • Sorry but we don't get it. What right info about Zoom Box you ask for? This is just item and can be used as any other item.
  • Hi, I know but can't reproduce the exactly demo effect even using the internal link from the item. See yourself by accessing the homepage (http://www.brightland.com.br/eventus) and scrolling to the zoom boxes each one. When you scroll to the second box, you should expect the same hover result as shown in demo but it actually opens the URL. :-( 
    Be in mind that this issue is under mobile devices. Desktops are fine. 

thanks folks

• But this works exactly the same on our demo. Hover effects does not work on mobile devices. When you click on Zoom Box item it always goes to the url and this behave can not be changed. We did checked on iPhone and Samsung Galaxy and on both effect is the same on our site as on your site.
  • Thanks guys. I'll cover this here with the team. :-)
  • Hey, here we go again...
    We discussed the hover effect and the whole user behavior when scrolling down over the Zoom box. In Demo, you guys do not use an URL which may be the difference when compared to our custom. When I scroll yours on my iPhone 6, each time I swipe up between the zoom boxes, demo shows up a text prior to the click with a relative delay time. That's the effect I've been trying to reproduce our our side but without success. Try the same thing and you'll realize that our internal text didn't show up with a delay. It actually goes and open the URL. There's no time to user read the info.
  • Ok, we get it now what you mean. However, we did compared your site and our and we do not see any difference. The code is exactly the same and we don't see anything wrong. We are sorry but we really have no idea where the difference could be.

Thanks for understanding!
  • OK. Let me think a bit....
    Am I able to download the BeAgency demo right into my actual WP where beEvent is running so I can compare both zoom boxes side by side? 

The only way to demonstrate the difference I'm seeing here would be recording a video. The gesture behaviour on BeAgency demo for instance is completely different from I'm getting in our side. Can we switch to a mail away from the forum to keep the discussion so I can send a video? 

Thanks 
  • If you want to import pre-made layouts, you should do this on fresh/clean wp instance because if you will do this on actual site, you will lose all current settings.

Yes, you can switch to e-mail of course but we are not sure if we would be able to help you in this case. If you want to send us private message, you should use form on the right http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact
  • OK guys,
    I'll try on my own first with a clean WP install and if needed, I back through a private message.

Thanks.