What to do when you get “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again” while installation?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2017
    ***REMOVED*** stress with this problem.. Pls help me..
  • @amanixara At first, please do not use vulgar words because it is not allowed and every similar message in the future would be simply removed.

Anyway, this message says that you can not install theme thru the WP default importer because of the limits on server side. It’s probably because of upload_max_filesize. There is few ways to install your theme then:

- You need to contact with your admin and ask him to increase those limits for you so you can install theme via default importer
    - You can install betheme-no-plugins.zip file instead which is much lighter because does not contain plugins
    - You can unzip default betheme.zip file and upload betheme folder with all theme files via FTP into /wp-content/ folder.

Thanks!

• Opss... Im really sorry for that words. I am struggle with the problem. I already change the file size at php.ini. But the problem is the same. I will try by your susggestion. Im sorry again. Thanks
  • installed using ftp. godaddy cpanel hosting site did not have high enough settings for file upload and post max size. i changed it to min 64MB and installed the theme manually thru ftp
  • @signmakers If you changed file upload to 64MB then you should install theme thru WP dashboard without any problems. However, FTP upload is definitely what we prefer as it's the safest way to upload any files.
  • edited March 2017
    muffingroup I have a dedicated server, my maximum upload size is 90mb. and memory is 256MB. I am still getting the same error: Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again

I have no problem installing plugins and other 3rd party themes, but your theme is not installing. Please advise what could be causing this.

UPDATE:
    I figured it out. I had increased the upload size in the global php.ini file, I just needed to add the following to the php.ini file within that domain's folder and not the sever.
    For those of you that have access to cPanel, go to MultiPHP INI Editor, choose the home directory and add the following:

upload_max_filesize = 90M
    post_max_size = 64M
    max_execution_time = 300 
  • I had to increase my allowed upload file size and php execution time to cure this error.  IF you are unable to do this yourself, you'll have to contact your host.  Luckily I am the host so I was able to find it quickly.

Hope you are able to get your limits increase :)
  • Hi,

I cannot upload betheme.zip file into my wordpress. This is the message I keep getting

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Please try again.

What exactly I must put into my php.ini and .htaccess file on server to solve this problem???

• Hi,
    Please follow these steps LINK and say if it helped.
    We also have a video tutorial HERE
    thanks
  • Hi, i alrady solve that problem...tnx alot!!!!

• on the server open the .htaccess file
    ensure your code goes after:
    # END WordPress
    now try this:

php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
    php_value post_max_size 100M
    php_value max_execution_time 100
    php_value max_input_time 200
    php_value max_input_vars 1500

not all hosting providers allow changes through .htaccess, but worth a try...