Shortcodes and muffin builder

edited October 2015 in BeBuilder
Hi,

I have 2 questions as I'm still trying to get used to the theme (which is great otherwise):

1. If I decide not to use the Muffin Builder any longer, will I get a shortcode hell left behind? Can content be exported clean to another theme (not that I will do that but I don't like to feel locked in)?

2. Can VelocityPage replace the included builders and still do everything like in the demos? 

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

1. Content can be exported of course but please notice that every theme is different and got different shortcodes so the items we got included, won't work with other themes probably.

2. What is VelocityPage? Please explain.
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay, for some reason I didn't get notified when you answered.
    1. Perfect, thanks.

2. It's a plugin similar to Visual Composer or your own Muffin Builder. I didn't want to post a link to a 'somewhat' competing product. But I guess it's not really competition: velocitypage.com.
    I recently learned about it and found it very attractive for my projects because I have really a lot of pages on some sites and using a shortcode based editor like Visual Composer leaves me in shortcode hell eventually.
    Their pricing is stiff though but I wanted to know if I could use Be Theme and all its wonders along with Velocity (now I know that I'm going to have to try since you didn't know about the plugin).

• 2. We did never tested this builder so we have no idea if this will work. But because we spent many weeks on compatibility between VC plugin and our items, probably this builder won't be compatible with our items by default.
  • Understood. I was asking this because of the mess VC leaves behind (shortcodes) when you don't want to use it anymore and that the other editor doesn't work based on shortcodes.